Surprise to the local flashaholics!!!

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
So I am visiting a friend out of town over the weekend and after the local pubs shut down (my friend driving in my car) we run into some buddies of his that are local police officers and a another friend that i had met earlier that night. Decide to chat in the parking lot for a minute while one shows off his new car (gto) to the mutual police friends. As we pull away my freind decides to rev (my engine, he's driving) and in unison 3 flashlights hit the drivers side window... just guys being guys,... two officers and the other gentlemen all with what appeared to be sf6p's, so I told them to visit this site and they interrupted by saying they had the best (brightest lights made) and ...... with one fell swoop.. out comes my sfg2 with recent BOG q5 drop in.... and since they were slightly unwilling to here the info on CPF.com... i challenge a dual.... 5 seconds later.. all three had pens and paper out copying down the previous info i was trying to give them on upgrades.
Lets just say the q5 blew them and there "previous ignorance" away.
It was a moment that would have made any flashlight nerd proud.:twothumbs

Gunner12

Flashaholic
We might be seeing more new members.

Good way to enlighten someone. Did your BOG drop-in out lumen both of their lights combined?

Edit: Heh, I don't get it?

Last edited:

jbosman1013

Enlightened
[Did your drop-in beat both of their lights combined?/QUOTE]
crackup.gif

not sure what i did wrong but o well you get the point

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Well wasn't sure quite how the output of their lights was, i think the guy (not a cop) was initially convinced that his light was brighter... (foolishly shining each other near the face).. but the target we tested was some tree tops.. easily 180-200 ft. away. After each one (very similar outputs... pretty sure all were the same 6p) You could barely make out they change in light .. which was pretty much moving some shadows around. The BOG q5 lit it up to where you could see a cat in the branches if there had been one there....
They were quite amazed and asked to see the light... showed it to them. They're like "this is just a normal surefire... why is it so bright??" The attention to me and the g2 was instantaneous as soon as they held one in each hand and compared.... or should i say contrasted the light output!!
Pretty funny nontheless!