Darkness in the Dorms..........It's about friggin time!

shroomy

Newly Enlightened
Well, I never dared hope that it would actually happen, but my school finally lost power. Me and my girlfriend had just arrived back on campus tonight after going out to dinner, and as we were walking back to our dorm she looked up and said "huh, all the lights are out." A quick glance around campus quickly confirmed that my day had indeed come. Smiling I pulled my A2 out of my pocket and lit our way into the building and up the stairs.

Our first stop was my room, as I wanted to pick up some more flashlights, just to be, you know, extra prepared. I suggest that my gf take one, but she refused and stepped back into the hallway. A moment later she said "Actually, can I get one of your flashlights?" :party::party::party: To quote Stewie Griffin "Victory is mine!"

She picked my L4 over my P3D, it seems she really liked the smooth floody beam. Anyway, I had my fun, standing in the hallways illuminating everything, though I'm sure most of my floor mates thought I was a nut.

Now the best part came a little bit later though, when my gf turned to me and said "Maybe I would like one of your lights." She seemed torn between my P3D and L4. But later said that maybe she would like a yellow flashlight.

This is great because when I wanted to get my A2 I had to make a deal with the devil. And by that I mean I had to promise my her a puppy; fortunately I managed to talk her down to a rabbit. But even after that she thought I was nuts for sitting through the 2 hour bus ride (2 hours both ways) to the nearest SW with an A2. So, as you can see, asking for a flashlight is quite a turnaround for her. Especially cuz she turned down all my previous offers.

Anyway, that's my story, just thought I would share.

Burgess

Flashaholic
way to go, shroomy !

You Da Man ! :thumbsup:

And it sounds like yer' girlfriend is a keeper, too.

:whistle:
_

shroomy

Newly Enlightened
Heh, thanks guys. I've seen so many threads like this I'm just glad I finally got my share of the fun. :twothumbs

And it sounds like yer' girlfriend is a keeper, too.

:whistle:
_

yeah, i think she is too. ;)

BMF

Enlightened
Good story! Always fun when having a chance to play with lights in your case as a kid.

BTW, I got to be jealous. You're still in school's dorm WITH a girlfriend AND holding L4, P3D, ... plus what ever more in your collection: damn, you are lucky!!!

mwaldron

Enlightened
Great story, My GF is addicted to the little photon squeeze lights, although I'm thinking of getting her the 1xAA version of my P2D for her birthday coming up in May.

And by that I mean I had to promise my her a puppy; fortunately I managed to talk her down to a rabbit.

Just some unsolicited advice, talk her back into the puppy. They can be trained much easier and smell a lot better once you're done with said training. It's also much easier to board a dog (or take it with you) if you decide to go on a weekend camping trip or out of town. Even friends tend to be much easier going if you ask them to watch your dog for a few days, no one knows how to deal with rabbits.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you got to use your lights. Fun stuff.

After consulting Dr Phil, I'm concerned about your relationship --- if you had to seek, and bargain for, her approval to buy a light while in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, I wonder what the future holds......

Zenster

Enlightened

After consulting Dr Phil, I'm concerned about your relationship --- if you had to seek, and bargain for, her approval to buy a light while in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, I wonder what the future holds......

Yea, I'm afraid the future of this relationship may not look so "bright". :crackup:

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Great story, My GF is addicted to the little photon squeeze lights, although I'm thinking of getting her the 1xAA version of my P2D for her birthday coming up in May.

Just some unsolicited advice, talk her back into the puppy. They can be trained much easier and smell a lot better once you're done with said training. It's also much easier to board a dog (or take it with you) if you decide to go on a weekend camping trip or out of town. Even friends tend to be much easier going if you ask them to watch your dog for a few days, no one knows how to deal with rabbits.

You miss the dorm part of the story? :D

jufam44

Enlightened
Great story! My girlfriend isn't interested in the lights I have; in fact, she could care less as long as I don't make us broke...

shroomy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I spose I am pretty lucky, I never really considered it like that before.

Just some unsolicited advice, talk her back into the puppy. They can be trained much easier and smell a lot better once you're done with said training. It's also much easier to board a dog (or take it with you) if you decide to go on a weekend camping trip or out of town. Even friends tend to be much easier going if you ask them to watch your dog for a few days, no one knows how to deal with rabbits./QUOTE]

That's true, I think both of us would prefer a dog actually; but Khaytsus hit the nail on the head. No dogs are allowed in the dorms, actually, rabbits aren't either, but they're easier to hide. ;)

After consulting Dr Phil, I'm concerned about your relationship --- if you had to seek, and bargain for, her approval to buy a light while in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, I wonder what the future holds....../QUOTE]

In all fairness to my gf, I think she was trying to make the point of "you're buying something that you don't need." Silly her. :rolleyes:

Yea, I'm afraid the future of this relationship may not look so "bright". /QUOTE]
:laughing:

Get her a yellow G2L! /QUOTE]

Actually yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure whether it still might be a little too macho.

One2gofst

Newly Enlightened
Glad you got to use your lights. However, why do you have to agree to your girlfriend getting anything, or her you?

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if a girlfriend tried to tell me that I was buying something I didn't need, she'd be an x-gf pretty damned quick. Just personal values, that's all.

But then, I've never been accused of being a sensitive, new-age guy. And likely never will.

Last edited:

shroomy

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, we're pretty close, and for some reason before either of us makes a large purchase we usually O.K. it with the other one, never really noticed/thought about it before.

I'm pretty laid back for the most part, and don't really mind if some one suggests that I'm buying something I don't need. It's never bothered me before. It just doesn't seem like a big deal.