• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** Milky OBFUSCATOR Special Reserve on 1x18650 LeefBody!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]This light has been sold. Thanks all![/size]

I don't often post lights directly to BST as I mainly handle things on a build-to-order basis... but in the interest of spring cleaning, March Madness, appeasing my wife before we host PF10 :)ooo:) or whatever else, time to let this one go!

Offered is my personal OBFUSCATOR: an L1 Cree head with focusable TIR optic with what seems to be a Cree Q5 emitter, on a knurled HA-NAT LeefBody designed for 1x18650 operation, plus a SureFire tactical twisty tailswitch. This one was a personal favorite of mine and until very recently I had no intention of selling it! The tint is possibly the purest, most intense white I've ever seen from a Cree, and an 18650 will power this light at or near full output for 2+ hours. It's classified 'Special Reserve' due to the unusual combination of parts and the particularly good quality of the emitter.

img-obfuscator-specrsv-front.jpg

img-obfuscator-specrsv-side.jpg

img-obfuscator-specrsv-back.jpg

Note that the light was designed for operation off a single cell, either primary or rechargeable... IMHO a single 18650 powers it best and the head was built to mate with the LeefBody with no need to spacers or adapters of any sort. Single cell only... you have been warned!

The focusing capability allows for fine-tuning the beam to an intense, perfectly circular spot at distance, and is actually a significant benefit... think of how a camera needs to focus the image based on distance from it... the light essentially does that in reverse, allowing for a tight, intense beam at both close and long ranges. In addition, the top half of the head is easily removable for use as an all-flood mule-style light... it's not weatherproof with the head off, of course, but still plenty useful.

Overall output on 1x18650 is likely to be in the 220-250 lumens vicinity.

Beam Profile
img-obfuscator-specrsv-kitchen.jpg

Some minor niceties: viton and silicone o-rings throughout for optimal environmental resistance and long life; all threads and mating parts lubricated with Krytox or a nanoparicle lubricant, for optimal wear resistance and further improved seal... LeefBody allows for the cell to be breech-loaded (from the tail end) so there's no need to remove the head, nor interfere with the light's focus while changing cells; hard anodize for best-of-class wear resistance (of course); compatibility with LeefRing grip rings, various aftermarket lanyard loops, and other accessories.

Would estimate condition of the light at 95/100 or better... no scrapes, gouges, or similar, but I won't advertise as new since I did use it a bit.

Holy Banana, Batman! :ohgeez:
img-obfuscator-specrsv-bananas.jpg

Asking $250 plus shipping.

Shipping to USA uninsured costs $5.
Shipping to USA with insurance costs a total of $12.
Shipping internationally costs $29 via EMS with tracking and up to $100 insurance coverage.

A note on insurance: I cannot cover lost or damaged packages (only a one-man shop after all)... so if you're concerned about this risk, please order insurance on your package. That said, so far I've never actually had a package lost... so this is purely optional. Your call either way!

Note for international customers: I need to declare the same value for Customs that I do for insurance... please keep this in mind and tell me how much to declare as the value of your package. Up to $100 insurance coverage can be included in your shipment at no extra charge, more insurance would cost you additional, Please let me know if you wish that.

First I'LL TAKE IT gets the light!

You can send Paypal to either of these...

Cash (Preferred): ppcash AT QuarryRun DOT com
Credit Card: ppcard AT QuarryRun DOT com

Enjoy, folks! :wave:

Last edited:

Groundhog66

Banned
Re: FS Milky OBFUSCATOR Special Reserve on 1x18650 LeefBody!

Nice...:party:

Now I have to get a focusable head, DANGIT:scowl:

kashmir

Newly Enlightened

Nice grab mb. One of milky's personal lights! :twothumbs

gottawearshades

Enlightened

I give up. Why is it called an obfuscator?

gottawearshades

Enlightened

Well, whatever it's called, 200+ lumen fired through the SF L1 TIR optic makes for a hellacious beam. It looks like the Batsignal.

Everybody should try it.

mbely2

Enlightened

As far as I recall, "OBFUSCATOR" simply means "so f. bright!" in Albanian language.

Mark

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light has been sold to Mbely2. Thanks for the interest, guys! If anyone who missed out on it wants something similar built, just give me a holler.

BTW, regarding the name OBFUSCATOR... excerpt from a PM to the buyer... he asked the same question, thought I'd share it here...

The name derives from the word "obfuscate" which basically means to confuse. Guess I was thinking this little head has such unusually long throw that it might confuse folks as to how small it really is... or maybe the specific mix of parts would confuse folks, as it isn't all that common to put these particular pieces together. Or maybe I'm just kidding myself! It just plain sounded cool. ;) :cool:

Thanks again folks. :eek:

Latest posts