paypal

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
I have a basic paypal account. I have bought items on the marketplace before. I want to sell a couple of lights. Will this account accept credit card paypal and other types of paypal? Thanks

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
A personal account can accept up to 5 credit card payments per year, and there are added fees (about 5%). Upgrading to premiere, which they will prompt you to do, only has about 3% fees but they are charged on all transactions. Your personal account will charge no fees if you are accepting a payment that is funded from an existing PP balance or a bank account. IIRC, debit card transactions are treated like credit cards and charge a fee.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a basic paypal account. I have bought items on the marketplace before. I want to sell a couple of lights. Will this account accept credit card paypal and other types of paypal? Thanks

You can accept 5 credit card paypals per year, which starts on the date of your first cc transaction. You'll be charged something around 4% extra too (ie. deducted from the money you receive.)

More info here: one of the numerous paypal threads

My post #21 in that thread also goes into detail regarding the differences between the Basic & Premiere account.