Quality Japanese flashlight manufacturer?

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I ran a search and found a thread from 2002 on this topic, but a lot has changed in the mean time. Japan has a history of great electronics and high quality, long lasting products. So I was wondering what good quality Japanese flashlight manufacturing companies exist? I know stuff is expensive in Japan, so a Japanese flashlight would probably be expensive to boot, but I would pay top dollar for one, especially if it were as quality as my laptop (Sony). So what's the good word CPF?

jufam44

Enlightened
For the time being, I'll stick to Surefire, but the Hyper Light Tactical sounds pretty nice. Are you restricted to purely Japanese lights? Fenix makes great products, too, but they're not in Japan.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
hyperlight looks very nice! It is probably very expensive though.
ARC mania I do not know much about. Were they founded in Japan or what?
Tiablo is Chinese from what I remember. Although it was supposedly a conglomoration from like 10 different manufacturers, so maybe it has some Japanese influence.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thinked the same, once a time ago...

Japan is famous around the world because their top-quality electronic products.

Sanyo, Casio, Sony, Matsushita, Asahi, are all top notch electronics factories!

And I´ve never heard about a good japanese LED light.

It is not a bad idea, isn´t it ? :party:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think Japan bothers, they currently have the best 5mm LEDs around...lol

Crenshaw

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember there was a thread about this not too long ago. Being from Japan, I too wonder why there aren't any SF style flashlights. I believe I came to the conclusion that there is no market for it in Japan... but it definitely exists worldwide.

Dudemar

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Yeah Dudemar, upon further inspection I did find a thread opened recently searching for Japanese flashlight manufacturers. While some were (of course) found, none of them really stood out as being a high quality light manufacturer. My guess is that there just is no market for it in Japan. What kind of light do Japanese Law enforcement utilize? Mags?

Rat6P

Enlightened
If you have ever been to Japan, you would already know it just about never gets dark in some places. Unless you live in a rural area. In the Metro area there is just so much ambient light all the time. Where I currently live If you want darkness you have to go out of your way to find it. Everyone seems too busy working over here to worry about such things as flashlights. Not that no one could not or does not appreciate good flashlights.

That said there are heaps of flashlights over here, available from many different stores.....most are very well made, some are not .Though if youre wanting surefire quality...just buy surefire!

And for the exceptions....dont know if anyone has seen this site.....Will give you an idea of whats available over here. It also has one of the best (if not the best) beamshot comparisons galleries i have ever seen. If anyone has seen better let me know....I wonder if this guy is already a member of CPF??

http://www.lightch.com/gentos/index.html

and the link for the beamshots

http://www.lightch.com/toys/index.html

Last edited: