CR2 Lights

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this topic is common in CandlePower archives. But all of them are dated with mostly dead website links. Also, the lights they talk about are no longer being made/sold. Some sites only have modding options on existing CR2 light and no way to buy a new one.

I would like to ask the forum for an update ... what CR2 lights are out there that I can still buy for a reasonable price (<$100)? What do you recommend?

If you guys can send me links to online stores that sells CR2 lights.

BTW, I heard of the SF Titan, at $299, a bit too pricey for me.

Thanks a lot.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this topic is common in CandlePower archives. But all of them are dated with mostly dead website links. Also, the lights they talk about are no longer being made/sold. Some sites only have modding options on existing CR2 light and no way to buy a new one.

I would like to ask the forum for an update ... what CR2 lights are out there that I can still buy for a reasonable price (<$100)? What do you recommend?

If you guys can send me links to online stores that sells CR2 lights.

BTW, I heard of the SF Titan, at $299, a bit too pricey for me.

Thanks a lot.
Check this one out:

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3464&HS=1

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The frequency of posts asking about a CR2 light furthers the point that Fenix needs to add a CR2 light to their lineup. IMO, it should be based on the P1-CE or P1D-CE series lights. I would buy one (or more)!

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oof. $170. A bit too steep for me. I've been looking for a little CR2 twistie too. Can anyone shed light in a cheaper model that's currently available?
Thanks.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The frequency of posts asking about a CR2 light furthers the point that Fenix needs to add a CR2 light to their lineup. IMO, it should be based on the P1-CE or P1D-CE series lights. I would buy one (or more)!
I'll second that. The point of the CR2 versus the CR123 is size. DX or KAI had a 1W CR2 tail clickie, but it was longer than my Fenix P1s. A nice single mode CR2 twistie would be perfect.

LED Cool

Enlightened
hi :wave:
no one heard of the LiteFlux LF4 that runs on CR2 and is fully programmable for its 2 stage output & strobe?

khoo

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ooooo, that would sell very very well....

maybe they will add it around the time the headlamp is done..

Crenshaw

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
A CR2 light better be shorter than 69mm. There are bunch of RCR123 lights which are 68mm or shorter. I have one in my pocket right now.

- Vikas

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CR2 light better be shorter than 69mm. There are bunch of RCR123 lights which are 68mm or shorter. I have one in my pocket right now.

- Vikas

I know of some but would be interested in seeing or hearing which ones you have that are less than 68mm in CR123 format.

CR2's :
JilLites
Orbs
Firefly with CR2 tail (rare)
a DX CR2 Cree with a clicky sku 4201 ?
CR2 Ion

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about an Orb raw?
They're very pretty lights.

http://www.lummi.co.uk/orbraw.php

:huh:

Something wrong. On this one webpage, I see 3 different tech specs with regards to the lumen rating.

On the left middle part of the page, the picture has some text beside it and it says:

"160 lumens HIGH with 25 min. runtime & ... "

On the right side near the top, there is text that says:

" ... but blazes out 40 lumens of brilliant white light on HIGH (8 hours ... "

Then on the right side, near the bottom where you would purchase the light, there is a drop down box and right above it says:

Select a configuration option for the high-low switch:

In the dropdown box, the options are "120 lumens HIGH ...".

So I am getting 3 different lumen rating all in one webpage that is trying to sell me a light!

Last edited:

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1996 is about 68mm with unprotected RCR123A battery and the light in the off position (i.e. the tail-cap loosened enough so that it willk not accidentally turn by pushing on it).

The light is no longer available for sale but I recall there are few other cheapo lights on DX site which are in the 70mm range. For example 3379 Ultrafire Cree XR-E WF-602D 1xCR123A Flashlight HA-III Gray is a fabulous light which is claimed to have length of 2.8" or approx 70mm in length.

- Vikas

arty

Enlightened
You can get the Peak Pacific online by ordering it and then making a request for the CR2 pocket body or CR2 keyring body in their instructions box. You should be billed correctly. If you want to get the CR2 pocket body in place of the AAA body, just tell them this in your instructions online.

I like the Pacific enough that I have 4 of them, with 3 pocket CR2 bodies.
The last one has the AA.

The light is useful with a highpower level or ultrapower. The ultra gets about 400 lux at 1 meter when driven by a 3V CR2 battery.

The pocket CR2 light is only 2 1/3" long.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know of some but would be interested in seeing or hearing which ones you have that are less than 68mm in CR123 format. . .
My original Fenix P1 is just under 66mm. Modified with a Seoul LED, it puts out as much light as most newer Cree lights.

c_c