Repair Help?

ChrisAHF

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I have a surefire L4. A few days I was fumbling around and somhow the pocket clip get bent. It is just barely bent but since its not flush it really doesnt do much to secure it anymore. I was suprised at how flimsy it was. Anyways is there anyway to fix this? maybe by taking it off, bending it back and reapply with some compound? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Unscrew the head, use a loop in a lanyard to pull the clip straight off.

Bend it back with a pair of needle nose pliars, slide it back into the clip and reattach head.

There is no compound, it's just a friction fit held in place by the size of the head.

After you do this 10 times or so you'll break the clip and SureFire will of course send you a new one free of charge, although it will take a phone call.

ChrisAHF

Newly Enlightened
Ya I called surefire and they told me to do exactly that mwaldron. Thanks.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect advice!!!

Unscrew the head, use a loop in a lanyard to pull the clip straight off.

Bend it back with a pair of needle nose pliars, slide it back into the clip and reattach head.

There is no compound, it's just a friction fit held in place by the size of the head.

After you do this 10 times or so you'll break the clip and SureFire will of course send you a new one free of charge, although it will take a phone call.