Help me Disassemble these

hoffner5

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if/how these can be disassembled (I believe Modamag made them, C size tailcap switches)? Anyone willing to volunteer if I ship both ways?

IMG_2865.jpg

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look like Mclickies to me, have you tried the above suggestion?? they should screw out pretty easily.

hoffner5

Newly Enlightened
Those look like Mclickies to me, have you tried the above suggestion?? they should screw out pretty easily.

The suggestion was a bit vague. Do I grab the plastic piece that the spring is attached to? That doesn't budge. Pushing and turning didn't get too many results. It's possible they're over tightened and will never come out.

donn_

Flashaholic
If the guts are a McClicky, there should be a metal plate under the plastic pedestal the spring sits on. In that metal plate there are two grooves, directly opposite each other. Put the tips of your needlenose in the grooves, press in lightly, and turn left. The metal will take a good bit of torque, but the entire unit should unscrew once you get it started.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
McClickypic1.jpg

There is a small alu ring with two tiny holes that you have to unscrew.
The ring sits between the threads of the switch shell and the black plastic part of the McClicky.

Last edited: