HDS Systems        

Thread: ARC LS Twisty Question

Default ARC LS Twisty Question

Hey all,

I'm thinking about trying to locate an old school Arc LS, preferably the twisty. Before I run off an post in the WTB section, any thoughts on what kind of prices to expect for one? I don't want to post in the WTB section if the expected "range" is out of my comfort zone.

Thanks for all input!

Default Re: ARC LS Twisty Question

Maybe $80 - $110, just as a general ballpark guestimate?

Flashaholic*

It was a wonderful light, but the old L1S prices reflect nostalgic, collector value rather than function or performance. Fenix 1xCR123 twisties provide better performance, function, and materials for less, IMHO...

Comparing an Arc twisty with a Fenix is, to me, like comparing my mint '69 Chevy to an '08 Kia Spectra. The Spectra is "better" and cheaper, but that totally misses the point.

Well Said PowerNoodle!
    Torch Collection

*Where fact is fiction and TV, reality*

I recently bought one in the Marketplace, First Run Twisty w/ 2xAA Twisty tube upgraded with an SSC USWOH LED, used in great shape, for $80. IMHO, I wouldn't trade it for three Fenix lights, but thats just me.....

Powernoodle, excellent post, but the lights are even better!!!

That was not to diss Fenix. I own about 10 of those suckers, and always have one with me.

Along with an Arc.

My guess would be in the range of $125 to $175. I've owned my LSH-P, #2001, since December of 2003. It is still my primary EDC. Since this photo was taken, I have modded mine with a SXOH emitter and obtained an anodized twisty for it.

I own about 40 lights, from a Raw Orb to a N30 HID. Were I to wake up tomorrow and find them all missing except my Arc LS, I really couldn't care less. But losing this puppy would be hard to take. Arc LS owners know what I'm talkin' about.
    SF G2+KT1, C3, E1E. SL Poly Stinger. Arc LSHF-P. MagCharger, AA MiniMag w/ MM+WO LIII S. PT20. PT40. S&W FL10. Etch-A-Sketch. Mister Microphone.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by powernoodle View Post
    Comparing an Arc twisty with a Fenix is, to me, like comparing my mint '69 Chevy to an '08 Kia Spectra...
    I don't disagree, except the Fenix would be more like a Toyota Camry instead of a Kia, that is, something with SOLID performance based credentials...

Arc LSs are true classics. Most unfortunate they aren't to be made again and would have buyers presuming updated electronics and LEDs.

Karl