question reguarding these presidential primaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
its all the news so i was wondering why is it so important ,i thought these were merely just candidates debating and for popularity votes...but i saw wiki and it said it was a process for dem /rep to select their candidate to back for presidenial nominee or whatever...so my question is , is each party only allowed to have 1 ...with hillary and obama so close and hillary loses these primaries does that mean she has to drop out of presidential vote in november or does she run as an independent? why doesnt democratic party just have both run and back each one ?....im so clueless why these primaries are necessary its not like were voting for president RIGHT NOW so why does the loser feel need to drop out

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want to post this in the underground. It's meant for political and potentially flammatory topics, as opposed to the Cafe.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if neither Hillary nor Obama have enough electorates to win the nomination, how does it get decided? Has this happened before?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if neither Hillary nor Obama have enough electorates to win the nomination, how does it get decided? Has this happened before?

Well, there are the Super Delegates that can switch their votes at the Democratic Convention....and if at that time, nobody has all the necessary delegates, the Super Delegates would probably huddle together and decide on a candidate that they think would be their best bet for beating McCain (the Republican candidate that just got enough of the Republican delegates).

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
this isnt really one of those political debates on whose better ,this shouldnt get heated at all i just wanna know , reguardless of who win primaries ,couldnt both these candidates still run for president

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
this isnt really one of those political debates on whose better ,this shouldnt get heated at all i just wanna know , reguardless of who win primaries ,couldnt both these candidates still run for president

No, because then you'd be splitting up the Democrats too much. Let's say hypothetically, you have all 3 running...Clinton, Obama, McCain. Most of the loyal Republicans would vote for their candidate, whereas some Democrats will vote for Clinton and some will vote for Obama. That will severely hurt the Democrats' chances of winning the White House. Get it? It would be like Clinton 25%, Obama 30%, McCain 45%. (I obviously just picked random numbers, so don't hold it against me.)

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
got it...that was my brain lock moment...i always figured both would still overwhelm mcain easy like 45-45 - 10 but guess you cant take any chances

Administrative Edit:

i always figured both would still overwhelm mcain easy like 45-45 - 10

Do you see? You can't keep opinion out of it. Your opinion isn't shared by all. They're going to feel they should express their opinion.

Thread closed. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.