Does Size Matter??

joco

Newly Enlightened
I carry my P1D daily in the watch pocket of my jeans. Tucks in just fine, and I don't even know it's there.
While I really like my P2D, it is just large enough that it doesn't fit the watch pocket.
So - yes, size does matter.

John

jdong

Newly Enlightened
Too big and it doesn't fit into pockets well, too small and it's awkward to hold in a hand grip. Not to mention small bright lights tend to mean heat issues with running it in the highest mode extended periods of time.

So yeah, size does matter.

cliff

Newly Enlightened
In my case, size matters and my personal preference has nothing to do with it. Recently I qualified at a lowlight shoot with a P2D on a 17650 tube. My light was brighter than everyone elses but the Range Bosses said it looked like a rectal thermometer and I have to go get a bigger light. Apparently those guys evaluate flashlights with a ruler rather than a light meter.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I used to EDC a P1D and found it to be about all I wanted to carry on a daily basis. I have both a P1D and a P2D and, yes, the difference is noticeable. OTOH, I'm carrying my Novatac today and it seems huge by comparison to either of those Fenix lights.

Bottom line is that if you find your EDC light to be even slightly bigger than you'd like, you're less likely to pick it up every morning. Most days I have to wear dress clothes, so a Raw NS is all I'm willing to carry.

Buy all kinds of different sizes and shapes -- then decide what works best for each situation.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the P2D for EDC because I find the clicky switch more convenient for frequent us. I got tired of twisting the P1D to get to LOW, etc. The P2D can click on in LOW, or turn the bezel and you can click on in TURBO. I carry it in the holster on my belt, which is hidden under my shirt. If I carried it in my pocket, the difference between the P1D and P2D wouldn't be an issue for me.