Cree Q5 and Rebel RB100

lengendcpf

Enlightened
Hi, after reading the reviews on the above on Fenix lights. I wanted to get the one with the RB100 inside. But I went to Fenix-Store, only can see that the L2D have the RB100. Which I can fully trust them with the assurance that it is really using the RB100. But I want one with the P2D body. But it is not available.

I went to EliteLed and Lighthound, where they are selling the P2D with the RB100.

Any reasons why the Fenix-Store does not sell the P2D with the RB100?

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I's just pick one up from Lighthound. They are a great place to do business with! Personally I think they are one of the best :twothumbs I just ordered an L2D with R100 LED and a P2D body to go with it from the 'Hound, should hopefully see it today....

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
Hi, after reading the reviews on the above on Fenix lights. I wanted to get the one with the RB100 inside. But I went to Fenix-Store, only can see that the L2D have the RB100. Which I can fully trust them with the assurance that it is really using the RB100. But I want one with the P2D body. But it is not available.

I went to EliteLed and Lighthound, where they are selling the P2D with the RB100.

Any reasons why the Fenix-Store does not sell the P2D with the RB100?

The reason you can't find them is Fenix can't get any RB100 emitters because Philips Lumileds had a manufacturing problem with some RB100's (LUXEON Rebel). They recalled many batches and there is a manufacturing hold on them. The situation might improve in the next month or so. See thread (Sticky) https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186488

lengendcpf

Enlightened
The reason you can't find them is Fenix can't get any RB100 emitters because Philips Lumileds had a manufacturing problem with some RB100's (LUXEON Rebel). They recalled many batches and there is a manufacturing hold on them. The situation might improve in the next month or so. See thread (Sticky) https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186488

Thanks for the info. So it's due to the recall of the Rebels.
But since Fenix-Store is selling the L2D RB100, so basically that RB100 shouldn't be a problem, else those rebels will be recalled back..

But if the L2D RB100 fails, will Fenix replace a new one? Should be right? Anyone has any comments about Fenix's lifetime warranty?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix's warranty is first class, especially from fenix-store. If your rebel head fails, they'll send you a new one ASAP (may be Q5 though if they can't get any rebel heads), no questions asked.