Angle head LED flashlights

Photon_Whisperer

Newly Enlightened
Who makes them? The only ones I can find are the pentagonlight:

http://www.pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.592

LM1-GN-Webbing.jpg

I like the concept but I wish someone made a multi-mode aluminum one with a Q4 or better LED.

unnerv

Enlightened
I second the vote for the Firstlight Tomahawk. Great little compact angle head. There are a couple of good reviews on both the ST (strobe) and the MC (multicolor) by others on CPF that convinced me to pick one up. They were giving a 10% off to cpf members, but I don't know if it is still valid.

Zenster

Enlightened

That's one of the best options because Wayne uses original military angle head lights.
I've got two NIB of those military issue lights that I ended up with during my stint in the Army Reserves, for this last 25 years since I left the Reserves, I've often looked at those dumb things and thought I should throw them away... but never did.

I guess it's time to make them into something useful and convert them over to LED. :thumbsup:

Photon_Whisperer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks, these are great. The zebra would be perfect if it had a little reflector and a clicky on the head. The Tomahawk would be perfect if it were just a little smaller. I'm tempted to get the Pentagon light and just epoxy DX's 0-100% Q5 module onto it.:D

Marduke

Flashaholic
Thanks folks, these are great. The zebra would be perfect if it had a little reflector and a clicky on the head. The Tomahawk would be perfect if it were just a little smaller. I'm tempted to get the Pentagon light and just epoxy DX's 0-100% Q5 module onto it.:D

I may be mistaken, but i don't think the Pentagon light is a P60 style light.

Also, the Zebralight doesn't need a reflector, it's all flood. LED's don't emit light in a 360x360 degree pattern like incandescent light bulbs do. They emit all of their light forward naturally.

Photon_Whisperer

Newly Enlightened
I may be mistaken, but i don't think the Pentagon light is a P60 style light.

Also, the Zebralight doesn't need a reflector, it's all flood. LED's don't emit light in a 360x360 degree pattern like incandescent light bulbs do. They emit all of their light forward naturally.

Yeah, that's why I said I would have to epoxy it. I think I could get the bottom of the module cupped into the Pentagon light, and would have to thread it or glue it where the rest is hanging out. It would be very kludge:duh2: but I think it would be cool:)

The zebralight is cool for what it is, but I want something with a little throw also.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be interested in the Streamlight Sidewinder http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=132. It's got an adjustable angle head and multiple modes, although its not aluminum and has an older emitter than you were asking for.

The modded old D style angle heads have made me start thinking about finding on of the old 2xAA "mini" copies of the original. It's probably tight to fit much of a heat sink in, and it is a plastic body - so heat might be an issue for an LED mod. :thinking:

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I too enjoy this niche. Angleheads just seem more useful to me, I have a Tomahawk and a MOLLE light coming as soon as my funds grow a little. FYI: The MOLLE light is updating soon with 3 new colors.

The Sidewinder is a good choice for EDC, it not the brightest light but has a lot of useful features and is small enough to pocket carry.

The Energizer Hard Case Swivel Light is a good toolbox/car light but it is much too large to comfortably EDC.

The ZebraLight is just plain excellent if you want flood. It's small enough to carry in anything and has useful modes and good runtime with different battery types.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have actually seen a prodution led version of the original Fulton anglehead used by the military.I was walking through the PX on base last month and saw one.