Help: Need a high powered board for the Arc LS

moses

Enlightened
So many Arc LS has passed through my hands that I've lost count. Well, I'm down to a few and for sentiment's sake, I'd like to have one Arc LS with the latest and greatest LED to be in my daily EDC rotation.

I'm really out of the loop on this. Does anyone make a highpowered and efficient board (3 watts) currently with the latest in LED technology, say a Q5 or R2?

Would love to have a bright screamer of an Arc LS. This is not for the purpose of resale - but for my own personal use. My fave Arc LS has an early polished McGizmo reflector that has the most beautifully even wide beam. Would love to get it updated....

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd really like to get this done.

Moses

Last edited:

jbieszke

Newly Enlightened
the sandwich shoppe has many different drivers available for the arc, wayne dont specialize in arcs but his drivers are very small, I just bought the gd 1000 from him and the driver size is .55

moses

Enlightened
I actually just need the board with LED. I already have the perfect reflector for flood.

Mo

jbieszke

Newly Enlightened
I have several arcs I modded myself the latest was the gd 750 with a mcr 19 the results were absolutly perfect between flood and throw

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Hello Moses, good to see you're still around. I wonder how those McFloods will work with a SSC? I know I still have one somewhere.

I've upgraded all my LSs with SSCs with McR-18 & IMS17 reflectors. Brought them back to life!

moses

Enlightened
Been a loooong day - just got back. Thanks to all who responded. Thanks for the PMs - I'll be responding back to the PMs right after thiss. I see that my box is full - apologies.

Blessings,
Moses

mahoney

Enlightened
The McFlood with a Seoul is a very good combination indeed. I have an "around the house" light with this combo that is great for work at close range.

If you are trying to update a later LS (the one piece head) you can use a cut down XR can from the Shoppe and a Seoul on a thin star to make a reduced height LE with any board you want in it. You might have to remove a bit of material from the front of the McFlood to get the positive contact in the right "z-axis" position.

Russki

Enlightened
I have several arcs I modded myself the latest was the gd 750 with a mcr 19 the results were absolutly perfect between flood and throw

You are talking about first run Arc LS right?:thinking:
Don't you mind sharing how you fit 0.55 board + mcr 19 in Arc head?
I got one waiting for mod.
Thanks