Low Battery 1xCR123 Flashlight Needed

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings all!

first let me apologize because there was a similar thread some time ago but I could not locate it to revive it.

So....I wish to have a 1xCR123 flashlight to use as a backup of my bigger lights running the same batteries.

I would like low price (KD/DX stuff) and multimodes, but most important is the ability to drain the CR123s and do not stop doing so if clicked-off.

Last night I was running a test with my Rexlight and MTE C2 multi-mode.

The Rex quit clicking on when the ZINC battery got at 1.3 volt, the MTE emmitted the same intensity at all modes (so what) and despite being as low as a fauxton it kept clickin-on. (Does it has to do with NOT being PWM regulated?)

So I must find a similar performer. Any suggestions? (Please I need your first hand experience on this)

Mucho :wave:, Kostas

Last edited:

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few but are not necessarily multi-mode:

I have a single mode Dorcy 1xCR123 1 watt sold in Target for $19.99. Pretty good battery drainer.

I also have a 1xCR123 Magellan with 3x white LED and 1x Xenon sold in Academy's for $19.99. The 3x LED drains the 1xCR123 pretty good.

Not multi-mode and not 1xCR123 (sorry), but the Inova x5 is a pretty good battery drainer in-case you would reconsider your 1xCr123 spec.

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want a light that drains the batteries while switched off? :confused:

well I do not know if this came through. I meant the phenomen that a flashlight drains a battery (or the battery is already low) and when it is switched off and then on the light will not function again.

I cannot explain it in electronics terms this but it seems that in the said case the batt voltage cannot initiate electronics function again....

davidra

Enlightened
Not multi-mode and not 1xCR123 (sorry), but the Inova x5 is a pretty good battery drainer in-case you would reconsider your 1xCr123 spec.

The Inova X-5 red is one CR123 and a great battery drainer.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
You will not find any "multi-mode" light on the market that will really drain the battery down. You'll have to settle on a single mode light. Find something htat uses the MadMax converter. I have a FF-II with a MM that will fire with very little voltage left in the cell.