• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Li-Ion Mag85 Kit *LAST Price Drop*

wallyrulz

Enlightened
I do not want to sell this, but I must. :ohgeez:I have a project that is 90% done, and when you complete it, will be way cool.

I had a Mag85 three years ago. It was a total pain in the butt to charge 9 AA's for only 9 minutes of runtime. Granted it was awesome for those 9 minutes, but ultimately it was not worth it for me. After I sold that light, I missed it a lot. So I recently began to assemble another, this time using Lithium-Ion's that are much easier to charge.

I have all the parts for a Lithium-Ion Mag 85 in a C form factor. I have been assembling these parts over the last two months. They consist of the following:

5C Mag - brand new, opened the blister pack last month, never used or carried, pretty hard to find
5Mega Bi-Pin adapter
LOP cammed aluminum reflector
3 Emoli Li-Ions - New, wrapped in Kapton tape
3 1185 bulbs - never used
1 NTC
1 UCL

My plan was to have the inside bored out so that the emoli cells would fit, and to add a charging jack, and have it cut down. 3 Emoli cells will not fit in a 4C without an extension, and boring out the available extensions is iffy at best. I was going to have Mirage Man bore out the inside, and cut the 5C down to a 4 1/2, and cut down the tailcap like he has for AW's C cells to fit in a 2C. This would yield a long running usable light, in the C form factor which is far nicer than the D size.

Now, if you buy this light you must do the following:

1. Bore out the inside of the Mag. This can be done with a brake hone and a drill, or you can send it off to someone that can do it. The batteries will not fit until this is done.

2. Obtain a charger suitable for the Emoli cells. Any cheap Li-Ion charger, up to any of the fancy ones will do. This package does not include a charger.

And, if you buy this light you may want to do the following:

1. Have someone cut down and re-thread the Mag so that the batteries will fit better. A spacer could easily be used if you do not want to cut it down.

2. Have Mirage Man cut down the tailcap. I think this would make it much more slick.

3. Do a resistance fix on the switch. It will be brighter with the resistance fix, but then will also require ...

4. Add the NTC to the tailcap. This will give it a soft start. Necessary if you do the resistance fixes, and will extend the life of the bulbs. Both 3 and 4 will require soldering skills.

Well, I think that about sums it up. With this you will have all the parts you need, there will just be a little work to finish it. In the end, you will have a totally awesome hotwire :cool:.

I am asking $200, $180, $150, NOW $125 for everything, which is essentially what I have in parts -$50, plus I pay shipping. I will ship USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation for this price. I will ship internationally for the $150 plus the actual shipping charges. Insurance will be extra. Paypal only, no e-checks. I really can't eat the fees at this price, so add 4% if cc paypal. First "I'll take it" here gets it.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Re: Li-Ion Mag85 Kit

Yes, I know, you can't sell anything without a picture, so here it is:

The only thing not shown in the picture is the two extra 1185 bi-pin bulbs, but they are included.

I just added up and individually these parts cost me $196. I'm offering the best of both worlds, you get all the parts, and you still get to modify it.

Thanks again for looking.

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Re: Li-Ion Mag85 Kit *Price Drop*

Freebie added today only

My first Mag Mod

2c Pewter
Gh24/1284 bulbs
2 18650 used
2 extra 18650
pvc sleeve
Split ring spacer, mag ring would look better

It has been used a lot, so it is scratched up. This was a regular bump in the night light until it was replaced with a 3c philips 5761 recently. It is probably 3 years old.

That's two complete lights, I cover paypal fees and priority shipping. How can you loose?

Offer open until 5pm central today.

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Re: Li-Ion Mag85 Kit *Price Drop* 2c freebie added

Freebie pics

Okay now, help a brother out. I wouldn't sell these if I didn't have to, and I'm taking a pretty big loss as it is.

BTW, that high tech shim material in the second pic is duct tape. It keeps the pvc tube inside the battery tube. :whistle:

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Last price drop, $125, add 4% if cc paypal.

Freebie not included.

Over $200 in parts here. My loss is your gain.:broke:

Last try.