Anyone made use of Novatac's warranty?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, what is their warranty? It does not appear on the website.

My 120P has croaked. It flickers, jumps down in output, and/or just plain does not work. I've cleaned the threads and contacts, and the prob remains.

So has anyone had experience - good or bad - with their warranty service?

thx

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy powernoodle,
I'm on my way to work, so not a lot of time to help you trouble shoot, but I will give you a few ideas now.

Be sure and clean all the battery contacts and ends of the spring, make sure both retaining rings are tight (little silver discs in the head and tailcap), and then try gently stretching the spring a bit..... and try a new battery. Also, be sure and do a factory reset.

Those are common fixes.

However, worry not, NovaTac customer service is first rate, so if you can't get your light straightened out they will fix you right up.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's lifetime from what I've seen there. Jim's good from my experience at taking care of people. But before you send it in. Here's what I experienced once with a newer 120P. I put in a 3.6 volt RCR123 and it was in the light for several hours. Then I decided to put the Duracell back in that it came with. That Duracell had a reading of 2.91 volts when I first got it. The light flickered and was largely non-responsive. I could barely turn it off. I kept trying to do the Battery-reset routine but it was having a real flicker fit and acted like the CPU needed a reboot. I just kept trying to get it to stay on so I could unscrew the tailcap and the the reset routine and finally managed to get it to come back to normal. After that it seemed okay. You might even look at the directions for the hard reset or I think it's the factory reset and see if that fixes it. Make sure you've got a fully charged battery and I'd suggest trying this with a 3.6 volt battery. If none of that works I'm sure you'll get it covered by Novatac.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did and found their customer service to be top notch. They really went above and beyond to help me out.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I'm glad many of you have received good customer service from Novatac but I have to say that since Novatac decided not to warranty the old HDS EDC's, I have little confidence in the company. It was my understanding that they were contractually obligated to fix or replace old EDC's and they have walked away from that obligation. A warranty is only as good as the company behind it. You can probably guess what I think of the company behind the Novatac warranty. Caveat emptor.

Since Henry stepped up to take care of the the old EDC's he gets my business.

eric_wolf

Newly Enlightened
I have a tactical switch that started acting oddly - It ignores many of the clicks and presses. I emailed them, got a "return authoriziation number" and sent the switch back earlier this week. They told me they would take care of it. I'll report back.

arty

Enlightened
On a couple of occasions, I had strange behavior from my P85. It would flicker and then show a bizarre pulsing. The fix was to put in a new battery and do a factory reset to restore the original settings.

The last time this happened, I set primary to about 9 lux and the others were set higher - 150, 250, etc. I haven't had the problem again.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the factory reset, and that initially helped. But when set at very low output it still drops down on its own to what looks like 0.0002 lumens. Just barely, barely putting out a fraction of a lumen, thats is hard to see even in a dark room. I'll keep playing with it, but it seems to still have a prob. Thx.