Power Out - Mods Please close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power went out last night after a small bang here and later in the night we heard a big thump. I woke up to find one of the neighbors big oak trees fell during the night across the road and broke the power lines and is laying on top of the phone line. Phone line still works fortunately but it's really stretched. The phone cable was low enough that I could reach right up to it with the camera. It's supposed to be 17 degrees tonight and no power other than our generator. At least I'll have light :D

The original intent of this message thread was to share what most Flashaholics like - a good overnight Power Outage - and some cool pictures I had showing the actual broken high voltage wires down and trees laying over other stretched phone wires. This has gone completely off topic and would like to be done with it.

Pics deleted - there is a GOOD reason in this case why the one pic was altered. I'm done with this and expect all my pictures to be removed from this thread.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Power Out! Some cool pics

First and third pics are the phone cable - I can literally touch it and the thinner one by the car is a high voltage line. This is unusual weather for this area - especially in March.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow!:eek:oo: Where in the south is that? We didn't get any of that(thankfully) here in the Raleigh, NC area. I should knock on wood though, because back in late Feb. 2001 we got a foot and a half dumped on us.

jugg2

Enlightened

It took me a minute to realize in that first pic that you were looking down the wire lol.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep - I held the camera right up against the wire on a fairly wide angle setting and took the pic. I had a couple pics too where the camera was actually right on top of the wire. Entergy came out yesterday and restrung the high voltage wires and we had power back by about 7 PM. Most of this area was without power due to trees down and the snow but I think it mostly got fixed yesterday. Cheers for the hard working Entergy guys.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the clue. I was going buggy trying to figure out where all that snow fell in the south. I am guessing Arkansas since they got up to 13 inches of snow....

BTW....Does that bumper sticker on the car say "Give Peace a Chance"? I love that.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh - yep Arkansas and not my car but yes it does say that and I agree - we need to give Peace a Chance!

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why did you try to change the car's color? I can still tell it's green. Obfuscating the plate is enough because you didnt blur it, you used a solid color.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Why did you try to change the car's color? I can still tell it's green. Obfuscating the plate is enough because you didnt blur it, you used a solid color.

LOL, yeah that is some extreme paranoia about being identified on the internet--even by car color....first time I ever saw someone go to that level outside of the matrix. You should have also photoshopped out the telephone pole number. We have you now....and btw, you should have taken the red pill. :crackup:

DM51

Flashaholic

LOL, he's even re-colored the brake disks. I think it must be that he's ashamed of his car. Up to now he's always claimed he uses nothing but his bicycle.

Penny-farthing.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uhhh - like I said ... not my car. You wouldn't even catch me riding in a car that small much less driving one. Nothing but Fords. Explorer, Mustang (oh yeah my last Mustang was featured in Hot Rod's Mustang magazine some years ago). A couple of my other vehicles - about 38 feet and 75 feet long - you guess the rest :nana:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

We saved the photo before you airbrushed out the telephone pole number, Mr. Anderson. Now we have no choice but to continue as planned. Deploy the sentinels. Immediately. :crackup: Love that movie.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, we do have you Mr. Anderson....

Photo removed by request of image owner - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uhhh - like I said ... not my car. You wouldn't even catch me riding in a car that small much less driving one. Nothing but Fords. Explorer, Mustang (oh yeah my last Mustang was featured in Hot Rod's Mustang magazine some years ago). A couple of my other vehicles - about 38 feet and 75 feet long - you guess the rest :nana:

hope you enjoy paying for the 4 dollar a gallon gas!!! :paypal::wave::nana:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

bondr006 - Are you some sort of bizarre Internet Stalker? What others don't know here is you PM'd me recently claiming I was trashing someone else's sales thread. I was not trashing anyone's sales thread - I would never would do that. I was simply asking a question and was confused about something with a light. I even wrote a PM to the seller to ask him if he thought I was trashing his thread and his response was "No" not at all - he just thought I was asking a question. So I PM'd you back with that info and explained that I had NO intent of trashing anyone's sales thread and was asking you who made you a moderator or why you felt you as a relatively new person on CPFM needed to play moderator. I really tried to keep the tone of my response to you down despite being rather put out that you thought you had to step into something that was not even your business or your sales thread AND something which you obviously MISINTERPRETED. And now you have SAVED MY photo and reposted it without my permission.
Your posts in this message thread come off as veiled threats.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also I won't get into details but there is a very GOOD reason that plate was brushed out and there are GOOD reasons why I am protecting the owner of that car. Please remove MY picture you have reposted.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well apparently you don't get it that bondr006 saved MY picture from a couple days ago to his computer! Why would anyone save MY picture like that? Did you read this entire thread? It's obvious some people in this thread are 'ribbing' me and teasing but no one knows why that picture was changed except me and the owner of the car. And while I'd like to believe bondr006 just dogpiled in on the teasing if you read this whole thread carefully maybe you will see that does not appear to be the case.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

Well apparently you don't get it that bondr006 saved MY picture from a couple days ago to his computer! Why would anyone save MY picture like that? Did you read this entire thread? It's obvious some people in this thread are 'ribbing' me and teasing but no one knows why that picture was changed except me and the owner of the car. And while I'd like to believe bondr006 just dogpiled in on the teasing if you read this whole thread carefully maybe you will see that does not appear to be the case.

oh yeah, bond is a real stalker, he found out that the pic is in arkansas, and we all know that there is only one emerald green geo prizm in that whole state...

i save peoples pictures to my computer all the time, most of the time they arent quite that boring, but to each his own...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.