ARC AAA LEs

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxalopex

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm kinda new here and after reading a lot of reviews I decided on the ARC AAA LE since it seemed like a good little pocketlight I could carry with me. I ordered three from Vicomptel back in October and just got them today!! I originally planned to keep one and give two away as Christmas presents. (yup, really late now) Anyhow, I hafta congratulate ViCompTel on their fast e-mail service and good customer service thou. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The lights turned out a little smaller than I thought size wise thou yes they are incredibly bright for their size. I accidently gave myself spots in my vision turning it on myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif My only comment on construction is I think the foam ring should be a little smaller because it has a tendancy to rub on the threads and break off little pieces that get suck in the threads. (A little cleaning fixed that.) The LEDs did vary slightly in tint as I've read before on this forum but you really need to look carefully to tell. And one of the lights had the LED mounted a little more in than the other two. It didn't seem to change the brightness too much but it did change the way the thing focusses. All in all it's a great light thou! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Oh, here's some hi-resolution digital photos from my Canon PowerShot S30 for you guys. I think one of the photos show the LE's kinda slate gray colour more accurately than I've seen on websites:
Picture Links

JSWrightOC

Enlightened
Very nice pictures! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Now you're tempting me to go out and buy another one.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

What brand rechargeable AA cell is that in your picture?

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Nice photos... I always love photos accompanying a review. I just ordered an Arc LE from TW and will be arriving Friday. I suspect that I'll be buying an Arc AAA standard as well and keep the LE tucked away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

foxalopex

Newly Enlightened
Yup that's an AA rechargable NiMH Rayovac 1600. I put it in that photo for an actual size reference because it's pretty close and a very typical rechargable you can find almost anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts