New Weaponlight Insight XTI Procyon

mmbeller191

Newly Enlightened
I just found out about this light today. This is the only light of its kind that I know of that offers a strobe feature. I wonder how the beam compares to the TLR or X300. Anyone who has it and is willing to post some comparison beamshots would be appreciated.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
It isn't released yet.
Essentially an upgraded SSL-1 with the Seoul P4 emitter.

Blackhawk has a single cell weapon light with strobe function.

Xak

Enlightened
Anyone know if either of these will fit a Walther P99AS? I have the M3 and hate the dim, yellow light.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Insite told me the the mounting system is adjustable so it could fit different mounting systems. It MAY fit the P99.

If you call and ask, tel them it would be for the S&W 99 (Same mounting as P99).

I want one for my duty gun.

Xak

Enlightened
Wow, cool. I hope it has some nice spill.

Any idea how much it will cost?

mmbeller191

Newly Enlightened
Here Botach is selling it for $115. They claim 150 lumens, however on Insight's official website it actually says 125+. Since I started the thread I called a customer service rep at Insight and he said they would be shipping them to dealers at the end of March. I asked what LED they had and he said he thinks it is a Cree. When I asked what bin he had no idea. He also said they don't currently have a remote switch for it but hope to by the third quarter 2008. I currently carry a TLR mounted on a Glock 22 on duty. Love the light but wish they offered a countour switch along the trigger guard like Surefire offers for the X300 and Insight offers for the M3X. I like the concept of the light shining right in an opponents face instantly when the gun is drawn as opposed to activating it with the support hand thumb. Now I am torn as to whether to wait for this light and coming switch or plunk down about $260 for an X300 and DG-11 switch.

Botach
http://www.botachtactical.com/inxtiprweli.html

Insight
http://www.insightlights.com/products-procyon.htm