Dealextreme Terminator III T503 new mini hid!

mighty82

Enlightened
I don't know much about HID lights, even less about small HID lights. Sooo, is this any good? Suddenly appeard on the "new items" list today. Looks sweet :grin2:

Cigarman

Enlightened
Interesting light. They have it posing with one of the exploding WF cells from china. Does that price seem high?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a nice light...sure wish it would be able to use some rechargeables though.....

Karl

TheGreyEminence

Newly Enlightened
You *can* use rechargeables....
I´m using R123A with 750 mAh...runtime with fresh charged cells aprox. 20 minutes.Only half the time of primaries but who cares?:twothumbs
Recharge them!:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

Regards...

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
I would really like to see a review and beamshots of this light, I've got some gift opportunities coming up and would like to put this on the list. :)

nightlighter

Newly Enlightened
:cool:i have a terminater 3 it is awsome it took me 3 weeks to find it i heard about it on cpf and saw it on ebay in germany first then on the fenix site ive had it for 2 mounths ive lit up 20 foot circles on buildings 300 feet away im not into the high tec end of it but its bright and compact

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
A Mac's Mini-HID isn't much more money when they're available. They usually sell for about $300 or so.

Patriot

Flashaholic
And where can you buy those?

You'd have to keep an eye on the "Mac's Customs" forum here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=96

He occasionally builds them in small quantities and sells them.

You can also find them in the Customs and Mod B/S/T forum here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=96

The most substantial benefit of purchasing a Mac custom vs. the Mircrofire is the reliability of the parts and electronics. He uses the best bulb and ballast available anywhere in the world. Usually a FiveMega, high quality, custom battery holder is used. They have machined aluminum reflectors and UCL lenses and it's all housed in the rugged and proven maglite body. Other custom features are also offered such as finning, body machining and a tail switch.

Besides the extreme quality of the product, it's nice to know that your light was built with pride by someone right here in the CPF community. If you ever have an issue with your light, which would be very unusual, you know without a doubt that you'll be taken care of.....DX warranties on the other hand can be hit or miss.

I just thought I'd mention it because the price difference is so small and the quality difference is so great...at least in my opinion. :)

Latest posts