"Tactical" LED light with 2-AAs

mdarby

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am looking a 2-AA LED light that has kind of a "tactical" look -- rougher knurling, a crenelated bezel, a little bigger heft than the Fenix 2-AA light which I also own and love.

Most that I have found, such as my GearLite XR-01 V2, seem to take only CR-123 batteries. I have a big investment in recheargeable AAs though.

Can I get the look I want with AA batteries?

Thanks,
Michael

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened

These are both good recommendations from Marduke. I just received SKU 6131 and it looks aggressive and the bezel is sharp. Build quality is pretty good with the exception of dry, sloppy threads and a switch that had to be repositioned and fitted with a better rubber boot. It's bright enough for most tasks and the low mode is very useable and should extend runtime quite a bit. Don't understand why it had two strobe modes :shrug:.

Runtime's a bit short with both lights but should be no problem with NIMH AA's.

I don't own SKU 4238 but have heard great things about the build quality and brightness.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme is your best bet for a tactical-looking 2AA light. I own the 3watt version. Despite the lame marketing, it's actually a very good performer. Available at Wal-Mart and K-Mart. (The packaging at K-Mart is different. It's not even labeled under the Sportsman Xtreme name at K-Mart).

Stock pic.
rayok3.jpg