Ultra CLear lenses!

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember back a few years ago I bought one to go along with a xenon bulb for my 3d mag. This was way before I found this web site, but I did need a good address spotting light for my delivery job. Worked great, never gave it a second though.

So the years go by and the mag gets lost and replaced with a 3d magled... and a Q5 home brew in a Ultrafire body... and a fenix E1... and so on. None of which had the thought that a UCL might actually make a notible difference (well, I guess the fenix had it already). Until now.

The lens in the Ultrafire with a homebrew Q5 (pulls 1A from the li-ion 14500) started to crack Just a little, but it'd been that way all winter so I figured what the hell... Ordered a UCL from flashlightlens.com, and a pair of UCL's for my minimags too, since they were on close-out for under $2 :thumbsup:
Anyways, I simply cannot believe the difference it made!! Definently not a "few percent" increase, but I'd say a good 1.5x increase in any light I put them in! What a great upgrade, no?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
IMHO stock plastic minimag lenses are pretty bad, they scratch easily too. Doesn't surprise me that much. Does anyone else have similar results?

How about a 6P?... does it benefit much from a UCL? Seems like a really cheap way to get more output, even if the difference is subtle.