Question about Malkoffs drop ins.

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
Hi All, I recently bought my first modular light and was having a look at some of the drop ins available.

There some really good quality stuff out there and also some good value for money ones.

I was just wondering what's all the fuss about the malkoffs drop ins?
I saw one of the members selling one at $80 which i think it's cheap, how come it costs so much if some very good quality ones from dereelight are $35?

Not dissing Gene here, just trtying to know whats special about them.

Cheers

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think it is the hand made, material((brass), optic(good throw yet also with a wide sill beam), and rarity that makes those drop-ins special. The great customer service might also factor into there.

TKO

Enlightened
I have a Dereelight CL1H and both the smooth and OP reflector. I put a Malkoff M60 in and the difference is like night and day.

The M60 gives you the best of both worlds; it has reasonable throw and an awesomely smooth beam pattern. So you get decent throw and a ultra-smooth beam pattern all in one . . . no changing reflectors.

The power consumption is also less with the M60, so runtime is awesome.

Worth every penny!

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
You can never know the fuss until you experience them yourself. M60's my favorite light right now partnered with a 6P lego

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You are relatively new to CPF, posting wise. I suggest that you read up on the Malkoff drop in's. Do some searching. We can give you some imput in this thread but much has been written about the Malkoff P60's, more info than you will get in this thread.

Bill