More LS naming confusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkgear.com

Enlightened
First of all I want to say that this is just a heads up for all Arc customers out there. Just when you thought you has all the LSL(-S, -ST), LSH, LSL-P, LSH-P naming conventions all figured out...

I got this from Arc today...
ls1lslfirst.jpg

Looks simple enough. New LSL direct from Arc. New instruction sheet included and QC sticker.

Here is the 2 sides of the QC sheet hastily stitched together from pictures of both sides...
ls1lslqc.jpg

Model LSL ST
someones sig
Serial 3537 Date 3/13/03

Pretty straight forward. Well after taking a closer look. I was taken back alittle to find this...
ls1lslclose.jpg

So I'm just trying to let you all know that the naming conventions are not set in stone and you still may get a low dome LS with LS1 markings.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best regards,
Randy

D-LIGHT

Newly Enlightened
Since we are confused, I have been wondering about the serial numbering conventions. Do all low domes belong to one sequence and high domes another? Or are there separate numbers for the First Run, LS1, LS2, LSH, LSL etc? How about the standard versus premium lines of both high and low dome? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for pointing that out Randy. Actually this was a mistake and just proves that even my people get confused at all the models I created. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The LS1 part is identical to a LSL-ST, I understand we had a few housings engraved with the LS1 inscription left. We used them up and placed LSL-ST boards in them. Same thing, same price, different inscription.

As usual, I print these out and take them back for the production manager and tech leads to see.

I also plan on simplifying our product line further this year.

D-light, each model has it's own seperate serial numbering.

Hey, I just noticed Saaby and Sasha put our ad up. Cool.

Peter

SRB

Newly Enlightened
I am puzzled, not by the names given to the products, but by the physical differences in product I assumed was identical. My wife has stolen my new LSH-P because it is smaller than her LSL-P. What do you suppose is the name of the little 123TSP. I guess I'll try and find a inexpensive 123 Twisty to put on the low dome so that she will take back her low dome LS. The color mismatch on the high dome in the photo is not as pronounced as it appears. I bought both from Dan @ TW about three weeks apart and check out the serial numbers. What a pleasure it is to deal with someone that treats customers the way he does. That guy must not sleep. SRB

site1002.jpg

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i did notice the different 123 packs when i saw photos of them on various websites....personally i'd prefer the longer one because i reckon it'd be easier to hold than the shorter one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference in knurl is because we use redundant suppliers for the same part. They are both made at the same time. I am working on everyone standarizing on the thinner band. Extra grip is provided by the lanyard lug and ring.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.