How did it get through the L2D glass?

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened

found 2 tiny items inside the head... how did it get into there?? how do i get it out?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It got in there when they were putting the light together at there plant.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L2D ranges from difficult to impossible to take apart. You will likely do much more damage to the light trying to get it to open. Learn to love the specs, at least the LED looks well centered.

Marduke

Flashaholic
It's easy. You don't have to remove the pill from where it's glued into, just separate the two parts of the head. The head unscrews into two pieces. The bottom contains the pill, the top contains the reflector and lens. Remove the part that contains the pill, and you can either carefully remove the reflector entirely and clean it that way, or leave it in place and blow or flush through the bottom hole in the reflector to remove the particles. If blowing doesn't work, flush with water, shake, and flush with alcohol. Alcohol won't leave any spots like water does.

scaredpoet

Newly Enlightened
A lot of these lights go through hand assembly, and not in clean rooms. So inevitably, some stuff might get into them once in a while.

I have a SureFire U2, that I surmise was assembled by a guy with a reddish brown beard. I know because a bit of reddish stubble wanders around the reflector as the light gets used. I don't have red hair. :thinking:

Khaytsus

Enlightened
A lot of these lights go through hand assembly, and not in clean rooms. So inevitably, some stuff might get into them once in a while.

I have a SureFire U2, that I surmise was assembled by a guy with a reddish brown beard. I know because a bit of reddish stubble wanders around the reflector as the light gets used. I don't have red hair. :thinking:

Aye! And I'd like me scruff back, ye scoundrel.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
something like this happened to me. Comments were that it was most likley bit of dust that was inside the thing when it was assembled, then got knocked lose and into the reflector area. Mine eventually disappeared..

Crenshaw