quad optics

iggs

Newly Enlightened
I've got a set of the optics and mounted R2's from cutter but I don't thing they'll fit into my housing as the optics are that bit deeper (about 3mm) than the triple they were going to replace :(

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good results with DX Sku 1915, a single piece quad-optic for Cree XR-E for $4. You can buy 3 for under $10. I'd buy 3 at that price just to have them around so if you decide to do another project, you don't have to wait for the long shipping time again.

Also, in case you're interested, DX also has a Tri-Cree Optic

spano

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Cutter on Thursday to see if they had a quad Khatod for the Seoul P4. I saw that they had them for the Cree's. Khatod makes a quad for the Seoul P3/P4 but I cannot find a source. You can order them direct but they want $44 for shipping to the USA. The link to the optics I am talking about is http://www.khatod.com/k52_quad_zpower.htm

If anyone knows a source for these, please post it...thanks.

Tidra

Enlightened
First must apologize to post this hear, but I am not selling big, so I just want to help,…
I have on stock two of those Khatod quad optic for SSC P4
PL50106WP (WP-without peg)

So if you tell me where I should send it, I could ask how much would the shipping cost from Slovenia to … be.

CHeers,
Iztok

spano

Newly Enlightened
Tidra,

Thanks for the offer, but I am now leaning towards a 5 or 6 led light using a master/slave bflex. I just discovered this capability of the bflex. I can use my existing 14.4 volt batteries. Also, if I use independent lenses, I can customize the beam pattern.

Again, I appreciate the offer.

spano

Newly Enlightened
Instead of using a maflex and a lower voltage battery, you can run 2 or three led's from a master and 2 or 3 from a slave bflex (for a total of up to 6 led's). This is not too economical up front since you have to buy two bflex's, but it does allow you to run your exisitng 14.4 volt pack. Also, though I don't understand the electronics, this method is much more efficient than running one maxflex. The reason it is a master and a slave is you hard wire one bflex to the other and the controls of one bflex will control the slave(s). Here is a link where George of Taskled talks about it:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-183406.html

cytoe

Newly Enlightened
2nd the DX quad lens. Good results.

sean_h1-1.jpg