Looking for a 2AA light

ptirmal

Enlightened
I've been doing some research into the 2AA led lights and I'm having some difficulty coming up with which one I'd like to purchase next...

Just a few things it needs to live up to... first of all it should have a forward clicky, tactical style... at least 2 good light levels... a low low and a high high would be perfect. Good anodizing and some decent knurling... reliable - yea I know this is debatable, I just want a good light that won't leave me hanging...

I was thinking about getting a L2d... but I want a forward clicky not a reverse... I thought the Nitecore Infinity Defender would be perfect but it's only a 1AA light and I'd greatly prefer a 2AA light... Is there anything like that out there?

Last edited:

e2x2e

Enlightened
I think you got your click-ology mixed up. Forward clicky is usually preferred(which is what the Nitecore Defender has), reverse clicky is what people tend to dislike. Sorry I don't have any suggestions though.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got reverse and forward clickies muddled up. The l2d has a reverse clicky- that is, you depress all the way, then release and you get light. Depress slightly cuts the power.

A forward clicky- depress slightly, you get light. Depress all the way so it clicks, and you still have light. Then depress slightly and you still have light.

In effect, a forward clicky makes contact earlier.

ptirmal

Enlightened
You've got reverse and forward clickies muddled up. The l2d has a reverse clicky- that is, you depress all the way, then release and you get light. Depress slightly cuts the power.

A forward clicky- depress slightly, you get light. Depress all the way so it clicks, and you still have light. Then depress slightly and you still have light.

Yea I realized I worded it wrong... I always forget which is which!

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
Olight T15 Q5 is a good AA light. It does have a reverse clicky. If you buy another battery tube from EliteLED, you can stack them with Nimh's for a 2AA light that matches the T10 for lumen, all 180 of them. And well over an hour runtime with 2700 mah batteries.

It's my current walking light unless I drag out my T20.

The T15 also works well with 14500's.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The L2T V2.0, the one with the froward clickie, fits your requirements pretty well, but good luck finding it(the current ones have a reverse clickie).

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened

And all this time, I thought a forward clickie meant the button was on the body of the flashlight up near the bezel, hence "forward". I now realize I've got more to learn here. :twothumbs

Latest posts