Kydex holsters for LEO use

pinepig2

Newly Enlightened
For the last couple of years, I've been using a SF Z2 out of a V70 holster attached to the front of my duty belt. I like the V70 for it's combination of security and super-fast deployment of the light.

I'm interested in stepping up to a SF L2 for the 2-stage light output, but the light is only half of the equation for me. I need a hard plastic/kydex holster that's molded for the L2 head (bezel-down carry) and a 2.25" belt attachment, something that SF doesn't offer. I saw that Blade Tech offers one, but I've found Blade Tech products to be overly bulky for what you get. Are there any other vendors offering a product to fit the bill? I looked at Comp-Tac as well, but they don't offer anything larger than a 1.75" belt attachment (Comp-Tac is my prefered off-duty gun holster vendor).

Also, can anyone relate their experience with the Blade Tech Vertical light pouch?

bagman

Enlightened
I had a Bladetech vertical pouch (head down) for a G2 and it was a very good holster. It is still being used on a duty belt by a colleague with a G2 but I prefer the V70 as the light site so much lower on the belt.

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
Have you contacted Comp-Tac? I'm wondering if they could put a tek-lok attachment on their flashlight holder.