Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• What's flash?

• Total voters

Saaby

Flashaholic
Do you have the Macromedia flash plugin installed on your machine. (Hint: If you've seen the Arc banner you have it installed)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
On this machine I HIGHLY doubt it.

I am sitting here in front of a clone with an AMD K-5 166, with a whopping 48m of RAM, running Win95, and browsing using IE 5 or so.

On the Whiz bang (and quite troublesome) Gateway box at work I see all.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I have it installed on my workstation at work since I need to test Flash poop for clients. At home, it's installed on my girlie's machine since she likes to play Flash games and go to joecartoon.com. On my laptop and home workstation, I don't have it installed (both of which are FreeBSD). There are Flash pluggins for FreeBSD, but I don't really care for flash too much.

- G!mpy

Bill.H

Enlightened
Ahhh, so THAT is the ad that always shows up as a big box, empty except for the tiny red x. I was wondering what I was missing.
I've never had a use for anything from macromedia except for annoying animated ads; therefore, it's not installed. No flash, no shockwave, and I leave java and (especially) javascript disabled as much as I can. Makes for a much more pleasant experience on the web.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It's (The ARC banner) "popping" up now and then in the middle of my page when I open a new thread...don't know what's up with that?! But I don't like it...It's fine at the top of the page and is a nice banner, but I just don't like ads suddenly appearing like that in the middle of my pages.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Of course not. To me, the whole concept of animated advertising is annoying, at best. It's an advertiser burning up my bandwidth, and my processor time, to present a better ad.

The good thing, though, is that things like this, and the security and reliability problems associated with IE - Active X, Javascript - have helped alternative browsers that are safer.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of those plugins are permanently banned from this box.
since they are only used to render annoying adds i have my box set up to not autoinstall or not even nag me to install.
PLONK!
so any cpf advertisers who want me to see their banner should avoid such crap.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I installed the Flash plug-in just so I could see what was missing, and put an end to that asinine popup box that says I need to download & install it. This is the only website I regularly visit that needed Flash, otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have flash installed, BUT, in Mozilla, I have poopups/under disabled. I use Mozilla all the time, and only get reminded to the extremely annoying poopup/unders when I am forced to use IE.

(No unrequested windows)