• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Battery Packs Made to Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Custom NiMH Battery Packs Made

***Click on Thumbnail Images***

All packs use new Eneloop 2000mAh AA, Elite 1500mAh 2/3A, Elite 1700mAh AA, which I believe are the highest performing/quality cells I have found. I can use other other cells as requested, and have typical "D Cell" contact ends like shown in the images, except I'm mostly using white shrink now. Each battery pack includes one free pair of my red/black magnet charging leads as shown.

Packs are welded together with 5mil nickel contact strips,adequate for up to 30+ Amp sustained draw. Once assembled, each pack is discharged to 1.0 V per cell, then a slow (0.1C) conditioning charge is applied for 15 hrs. Pack is then rested, discharged and recharged until full at 0.6C. Eneloop packs are simply charged, as they do not need conditioning.

Payment will be requested by PM when pack is ready to ship, since I may need to obtain new cells. Please don't pre-pay. Just so it is no secret, I am generally trying to keep my labor and welder overhead charge to about $18-22 above my costs when I make these, and I am meticulous with details, so this is more of a fun service to the CPF community.

Despite my conditioning, bad cells can develop at any time, as such I will warranty these packs from defects or bad cells for 3 weeks after you receive them, so please test them out. You pay return shipping and receive new pack. This does not include not fitting in the wrong specified length mag, or one that is not adequately bored out.

Prices include $5 Shipping with U.S. Priority Mail in USA with Delivery Confirmation. (Deduct $2 shipping discount for each additional pack in same shipment).

PayPal only (Add 3% of total if PayPal credit card is used --Contact me if unable to use PayPal).

Shipping ouside of USA on case by case basis, the international shipping must be calculated by weight using the USPS.com website (online rates), but the best arrangement is the "$11.50 Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope." No First Class Airmail shipments, sorry. Also , only Express Mail or Insured has tracking, so unless you choose those more expensive options, I will not be responsible for lost shipments. (I can say that to date, none of my shipments as been lost...although one sent to the Far East took 25 days)

Recommended Charger: There is a whole selection of affordable NiMH chargers listed here. The image above is of 9.8 to 18V (nominal) "Universal" charger which can be used up to a 15 cell pack. Here is another charger source if those are sold out.

Once you go to 15 cells, you then need a so called "Hobby" charger that can handle higher cell/volt/amp. I can recommend the Hyperion 1210i (from www.cheapbatterypacks.com) or Tritons which are listed here...but shop around. If you are going to get a new hobby charger, try to find one that does Lithium Ions & the new A123 Saphion LiFePO4 cells.

----------------------------------------------------
Elite 1500mAh 2/3A cells
For 2D host (tribore configuration)
  • 10.8V ( 9 cells) $53 (can fit in 1.5 or 2D - specify which)
  • 13.2V (11 cells) $58
  • 14.4V (12 cells) $63
  • 15.6V (13 cells) $68 (Has cell built in tailcap with spring - You need to remove inside tailcap anodize/paint)
For 3D Host (tribore configuration)
  • 15.6V (13 cells) $67
  • 16.8V (14 cells) $70
  • 18.0V (15 cells) $75
  • 19.2V (16 cells) $79
  • 20.4V (17 cells) $82
  • 21.6V (18 cells) $85
AA cells for 2D or 3D can be made in tri or quad width stacks. Specify your need for a quote. Here are some prices with Elite 1700mAh & Eneloop AA's based on requests (includes $5 Priority Shipping to USA). Note:
3 wide fit stock Mag; but 4 wide need quad bore configuration (some 4 wide AA packs can fit in deep tri-bore)

Elite 1700 mAh AA cells
For FiveMega Elephant Host

• 8.4V (7 cells in round config; no bore needed) $50
For 1D Host
  • 4.8V (4 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $32 (Shipped via First Class to USA; $36 if Priority requested)
For 2D Host

• 7.2V (6 cells in tri config) $50
  • 9.6V (8 cells in quad config) $56
  • 10.8 (8 cells in quad config + 9th 4/5 SubC in tailcap) $64 (Has contact strips/spring, but you need to remove inside tailcap anodizing/paint)
For 3D Host (4 wide needs Quad Bore)

• 10.8V (9 cells - 3 wide - no boring needed) $58
  • 13.2V (11 cells - 4 wide-1 dummy) $66
  • 14.4V (12 cells - 4 wide) $70
  • 15.6V (12 cells - 4 wide + 13th 1700mAh 4/5 SubC in tailcap) $75 (Has contact strips/spring, but you need to remove inside tailcap anodizing/paint)
For 4D Host (4 wide needs Quad Bore)
  • 14.4V (12 cells - 3 wide) $69
  • 15.6V (12 cells - 3 wide + 13th 1700mAh 4/5 SubC) $76
  • 16.8V (14 cells - 4 wide) $76
  • 19.2V (16 cells - 4 wide) $83
Eneloop 2000mAh AA
For 1D Host
  • 4.8V (4 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $32 (Shipped via First Class to USA; $36 if Priority requested)
For 2D Host:
  • 7.2V (6 cells in tri config; no bore needed) $42
  • 8.4V (7 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $45
  • 9.6V (8 cells in quad config; needs quad bore) $48
For 3D Host

• 10.8V (9 cells in tri config; no bore needed) $51
Charging Magnet Leads - (These use powerful Neodymium Magnets with red/black 16AWG carefully soldered so magnet remains intact.)
  • Free set of Magnet Leads included with pack orders above.

• Separate set of (red & black) charging magnet leads shown above, $6.50 (shipped First Class Mail to USA ONLY).

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Unforgiven, thanks for starting new thread !

ss2nv, plasmaman, Mac
, EvilLithiumMan - PM's sent with tracking

Lasercrazy - M.O. received today. Order placed @ Thomas

JosephK & Scrubbuck
- Thanks for payments. Should get cells from CBP in next 1-2 days.

Thanks everyone!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Have not heard anything in a couple of days and was just wondering if you received the cells from CBP.

Yes, finally got backordered cells from CBP on Wed. I had your pack all made Friday, but was not done testing and cycling until today. It will go out on Monday....so look for PM with tracking. Thanks!

nitnapz

Enlightened
ok. i'm ready to order ..

Elite 1500mAh 2/3A cells

For 2D host (tribore configuration)
  • 15.6V (13 cells) $67 + 15 shipping to canada = 82usd
aaand. i'd like to ask what bulb application would be nice on a direct drive, rested, with the 19.2v ? pack ?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
donn_ - PM sent with tracking Thanks

nitnapz - PM sent. For 19.2V pack (16 cell pack) which @ 1.43V per cell hot gets up to 22.88V, so you need a bit of resistance and NTC in your setup, and then the Osram 50W IRC 64440 bulb, or the Osram 64458. Of those two, notice the difference in amp rates, and just looking at total lumens does not tell the whole story of beam color, efficiency, and quality.

nitnapz

Enlightened
64458 is calling ME !

can you whoop up A 3-wide x 6-long Elite1500 pack (18 cells). can you please add a spacer to make the overall length 180mm

shipping would be in the US. i'll have to get the funds to you and the address !

regards,
zach

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey LUX these are very sweet battery packs!

unfortunately I have already bought 12 elites 1700 from CBP...:shakehead

what I have missed!!!!!!

would you like to explain me how much difference there is between Battery packs and a Fivemega battery holder with the same cells???

thanks !

DocD

Enlightened
i would like to order :
15.6V (13 cells) $67
$10.75 shipping
$77.75+3%
$80.10 usd
many thaks for your help
PM sent

DocD

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
64458 is calling ME !

can you whoop up A 3-wide x 6-long Elite1500 pack (18 cells). can you please add a spacer to make the overall length 180mm

shipping would be in the US. i'll have to get the funds to you and the address !

regards,
zach

Let me get caught up with some others I'm working on, then I'll PM you. Just about ready to send your 15.6V pack.

FILIPPO - There are pro's and con's to a battery pack. Main benefits are less resistance with welded contacts (important for high current/higher voltage applications), and single battery unit that allows easier handling and charging. Pricing (vs. cost of batteries & quality holder & shipping for both). Main disadvantage is you cannot replace cells as you see fit with battery holder. Some of FiveMega's holders do have plug for simple 2 lead charging, and his have lower resistance than other brands.

DocD - PM sent. Let me get caught up with other orders, and will contact you again in a few days.

donn_
- Thanks for note.

nitnapz

Enlightened
no rush, take your time
luxl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.