ArmyTek        
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 935

Thread: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

  1. #121
    Flashaholic* turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by liteguy10 View Post
    Although this is not exactly a reply to greenleds post but I just recievied a shipment from mag thru a supplier who ordered for me. at the bottom of this post is a picture of the box label, complete with name lt. Lt. teal and the sku. On my invoice from my supplier it just says teal the sku on the label may be an internal one as all the data bases I can check return no results. While cleaning up the shop this morning I came across an old box that held the teals that I got two years ago and the label appears to be stamped not a white label like these new one's that have a date. What I find frustrating is that when talking to mag on friday I found that no two people at mag tell the same story. If any one who purchased a teal from me would like a copy of the box label for their light please e-mail me and I will reply with a picture as an attachment for the light you bought. Also if there is a formal list of all the colors
    mag made could you please tell me where this Lt teal fits in it. Thanks Phil/yourlightsource.com
    here it is http://yourlightsource.com/i/u/2100712/i/P1000507.jpg

    The m2aXXY (m2a33L) format is the correct format for the minimag. The XX is the color, and the Y is a designator for blister pack, black clamshell, etc.

    One thing.... my teal I got from you doesn't have the new style bulb. The overall light's likely several years old. I think the new style bulbs (green or black bulb base) started coming out 4 years ago maybe.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

  2. #122

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    The m2aXXY (m2a33L) format is the correct format for the minimag. The XX is the color, and the Y is a designator for blister pack, black clamshell, etc.
    It would be great if we were able to get a list of the XX and Y codes. I assume that's not something Mag would be forthcoming about though.
    Trees don't grow on money either.

  3. #123
    Flashaholic* turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by souptree View Post
    It would be great if we were able to get a list of the XX and Y codes. I assume that's not something Mag would be forthcoming about though.
    I've got an awful lot of them.

    Edit:

    here they are:



    black
    m2a01h
    m2a016
    m2a01L
    m2a01c
    m2addL
    m2a49L w/swiss army knife
    m2addL (smooth)
    *** available anywhere ***

    camo
    m2a02h
    m2a02L
    m2a-camo

    red
    m2a036
    m2a03h
    m2a03L
    m2ared
    m2adel
    m2a03r
    m2adeL (smooth)

    gold (AL)
    m2a046
    m2a04L
    m2a040 clear square plastic hang tag box 103-000-024

    orange
    m2aauh
    m2aauL
    m2aauhe (from my blister pack)
    m2aau2 action-lights

    jade
    m2aish
    m2aisL
    target exclusive

    gray/pewter
    m2a94L ?
    m2a09h gray (confirmed gray 11-2007 @ wal-mart)
    m2a-pew ?
    m2adhL (smooth) pewter?

    bronze
    m2a???
    m2a02(1/L) leather case (02 is camo)
    m2a05(1/L) nylon case
    m2a13(1/L) camo nylon case
    above 3 p/n from http://www.sncbrun.com/_minir6.htm

    silver
    m2a106
    m2a10h
    m2a10L
    m2a-sil

    light blue

    blue
    m2a116
    m2a11h
    m2a11L
    m2adfl (smooth, might be wrong blue though)
    m2a110 p/n 103-000-090

    midnight blue
    m2afdL action-lights

    dark green
    m2a396
    m2a39h
    m2a39L
    m2a-grn
    m2adgL (smooth)
    m2adjL (smooth) action-lights

    lime green
    m2aczL
    m2aczh
    m2adjL (smooth)

    flag
    m2aaeL
    m2a-flag
    m2a-flg
    m2aaeh

    purple
    m2a986
    m2a98h
    m2a-pur
    m2adiL (smooth)
    m2a98L

    pink
    m2a126 ?
    m2a120 (clear hanging box) 103-000-095

    fuschia
    m2aaevl (from action-lights)
    above p/n is non-knurled

    americana (3 light set)
    MAG-Y2ABXE (from action-lights)

    racing
    mag-M2ABWLE (from the box on mine)
    part # 104-000-014

    nascar spectrum
    m2acvh
    m2acvL
    part # 106-000-474

    copper
    (S)m2ajyk or m2ajyh
    available @ target 7-2004

    blueshimmer aka BLS
    (s)m2akgn
    pn/ 106-000-779
    available @ wal-mart 9-2004

    ice blue
    m2akbn
    p/n 106-000-772
    m2akbL, black presentation box

    charcoal
    m2akdn
    p/n 106-000-781
    from blister pack with sheath and 2 new style bulbs
    bls?
    2-9-2006
    mag verified this is new color, not gray/pewter

    NASCAR Spectrum
    M2ACVL

    maglite racing
    m2aBWLE

    NASCAR Select
    M2ACUL

    NASCAR Victory
    M2ACSL

    Hot pink
    M2akyL
    Limited edition from action-lights
    109-000-692
    teal
    m2a33L (saw on pic of shipping label from mag)
    104-000-292 (saw on pic of shipping label from mag)
    yourlightsource.com
    6-2008
    does not have new style bulb
    likely several years old
    came in black clamshell

    nascar series discontinued about 1999

    m2a is aa mag designator
    m3a is aaa mag designator

    H suffix is blister pack w/ holster
    L " is presentation box
    C " is combo pack/rubber head/lenses/clip/lanyard
    6 " is blister pack w/ batteries and light only
    2 " is pres box also?
    0 " is clear plastic square tube (1980s style)
    D as 4th char means smooth barrel?
    Last edited by turbodog; 07-14-2008 at 06:30 PM.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

  4. #124
    Flashaholic* will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Someone might be able to get a list from Maglite. Send them an email, reference a large collector base ( CPF Members who post in this thread )

    TD has the most complete list that I have seen..
    Now I can see the darkness .

  5. #125
    Flashaholic* turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Someone that can program needs to write a script that searches google for m2aXX and filters the results for mag/flashlight/etc.

    I did some manual searches that way and discovered some of my part #s. But once they hit the alpha characters it became a wasted effort.

    You could also search for the other part # they use: xxx-yyy-zzz. But it's not nearly as common.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

  6. #126
    Flashaholic dieselducy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    348

    Buttrock Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Look what i managed to get my hands on. Is this worth anything? My uncle gave this to me and it is in almost mint condition.


    http://flickr.com/photos/dieselducy/2669555246/
    Image hosted on Flickr

    http://flickr.com/photos/dieselducy/2668729797
    image hosted on Flickr

    http://flickr.com/photos/dieselducy/2668725505
    Image Hosted on Flickr

  7. #127
    *Flashaholic* greenLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Tiquicia
    Posts
    13,261

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    That looks like a 2AAA light... right?

  8. #128

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    That light is my Maglite Holy Grail. I have been searching for that light for a LOOOOOOONG time (since before I ever heard of CPF). That is the first one I have EVER seen!!!!! PM Sent!!
    Trees don't grow on money either.

  9. #129
    Flashaholic dieselducy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    That looks like a 2AAA light... right?
    yep it is. a 2AAA maglite version.. Is this a rare light? and if it is, Is it worth anything?? I'm just curious cause i wanna know if my uncle gave me a flashlight i should throw in the glove box, or if i should keep it in my maglite collection?
    Last edited by dieselducy; 07-16-2008 at 05:26 PM.

  10. #130
    Flashaholic* will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    That is a collectable light, not a beater. I couldn't guess a price, I don't go after LOGO lights very often. I have a few that caught my eye that fit with some of my other hobbies.
    Now I can see the darkness .

  11. #131
    Flashaholic* snakebite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    dayton oh
    Posts
    2,384

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    i have the 3c version.
    old one as no c in the serial and ontario,calif,usa on bezel.
    same etched/machined logo.
    did mac do this or mag?at any rate it was a trash find i put a k2 in.its a user not a collector.
    Quote Originally Posted by streetmaster View Post
    This is probably the wrong thread to post this in, but I couldn't find a D-cell Mag section. I apologize if I'm off topic. I was just wondering if any of you Mag collectors have one of these. It's a Mac Tools 2D Mag, I bought it back in '96 or so when I was a mechanic. I used it for performing safety inspections of vehicles. I'm just curios if it's rare, or just a really old Mag.
    Btw, the Mac Tools logo isn't painted on, it's etched.






  12. #132
    *Flashaholic* greenLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Tiquicia
    Posts
    13,261

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by dieselducy View Post
    yep it is. a 2AAA maglite version.. Is this a rare light? and if it is, Is it worth anything?? I'm just curious cause i wanna know if my uncle gave me a flashlight i should throw in the glove box, or if i should keep it in my maglite collection?
    "Worth" is in the eye of the beholder. Like Will, it'd be hard to determine a price since I am not interested in logo'ed lights. That said, I think a fair price for a collectible color/style might be around $25. That's, of course, my current maximum personal price range.

  13. #133
    Flashaholic* turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    i have the 3c version.
    old one as no c in the serial and ontario,calif,usa on bezel.
    same etched/machined logo.
    did mac do this or mag?at any rate it was a trash find i put a k2 in.its a user not a collector.

    Laser etching can be done by mag if you order enough qty. It's also available at a ton of value-added shops.

    Mag will even do a custom color if you order several thousand. I have the exact figure in my files as I seriously entertained it one time.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

  14. #134
    Flashaholic dieselducy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by liteguy10 View Post
    Although this is not exactly a reply to greenleds post but I just recievied a shipment from mag thru a supplier who ordered for me. at the bottom of this post is a picture of the box label, complete with name lt. Lt. teal and the sku. On my invoice from my supplier it just says teal the sku on the label may be an internal one as all the data bases I can check return no results. While cleaning up the shop this morning I came across an old box that held the teals that I got two years ago and the label appears to be stamped not a white label like these new one's that have a date. What I find frustrating is that when talking to mag on friday I found that no two people at mag tell the same story. If any one who purchased a teal from me would like a copy of the box label for their light please e-mail me and I will reply with a picture as an attachment for the light you bought. Also if there is a formal list of all the colors
    mag made could you please tell me where this Lt teal fits in it. Thanks Phil/yourlightsource.com
    here it is http://yourlightsource.com/i/u/2100712/i/P1000507.jpg
    Hi Phil!! I just ordered one from you!!!! you will see it pictured here once it arrives. what other unique colors to you have, thanks much.

  15. #135
    Flashaholic dieselducy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by souptree View Post
    That light is my Maglite Holy Grail. I have been searching for that light for a LOOOOOOONG time (since before I ever heard of CPF). That is the first one I have EVER seen!!!!! PM Sent!!
    PM sent to you as well :-)

  16. #136
    *Flashaholic* greenLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Tiquicia
    Posts
    13,261

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Apparently there's 2 types of Mag camo patterns (the traditional woodland and digital). In this post, jcs71 claims there's a 2AA miniMagLED in digital camo.

    I've only seen the traditional 2AA minimags we collect in the woodland camo pattern. I did a quick Google search and the only digital camo minimags I found were the 3AA MagLED's (no 2AA MagLEDs, as claimed).

    Anybody's seen the "regular" 2AA minimags in digital camo? Or info on the 2AA LED version in that camo pattern? (not that I'm interested in the latter for my collection, but I figured it'd be cool to see one)

  17. #137
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    771

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    I have a 2AA MiniMag LED in digital camo. Bought it at Fry's.
    Old-Style Maglite C & D switches for sale

  18. #138
    Flashaholic* will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    I checked out the Maglite site ( www.maglite.com ) The Camo styles they show for the 2AA mini, the 2AA MagLED and the 3AA MagLED are the digital style ( all square corners )

    Is this the new style ? Where are they available ?
    Now I can see the darkness .

  19. #139
    *Flashaholic* greenLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Tiquicia
    Posts
    13,261

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    Is this the new style ? Where are they available?
    I'm thinking it must've been released recently.

    I only heard about them last night and have never seen one for real. I found one on-line site that has them. I sent them an e-mail asking to confirm whether this is in fact the digital camo version of the traditional 2AA minimag.

    turbodog, the code seems to be M2AMHR.

  20. #140
    Flashaholic* sizzlechest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    I'm thinking it must've been released recently.

    I only heard about them last night and have never seen one for real. I found one on-line site that has them. I sent them an e-mail asking to confirm whether this is in fact the digital camo version of the traditional 2AA minimag.

    turbodog, the code seems to be M2AMHR.
    Looks promising! Yet another addition to the collection!?!........
    Let us know what you find out as I'm actually going to wait on this one.

    Actually than three different camos would be available if you count this splash anodized camo!



  21. #141
    *Flashaholic* greenLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Tiquicia
    Posts
    13,261

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlechest View Post
    Looks promising! Yet another addition to the collection!?!........
    Let us know what you find out as I'm actually going to wait on this one.

    Actually than three different camos would be available if you count this splash anodized camo!
    I'm hoping so. It's not every day that we find a new production model.

    I'll report as soon as I hear back from the shop. I'm abroad and delivery times are long, so somebody else will have to take the plunge to report sooner.

  22. #142
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,656

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlechest View Post
    Looks promising! Yet another addition to the collection!?!........
    Let us know what you find out as I'm actually going to wait on this one.

    Actually than three different camos would be available if you count this splash anodized camo!



    I really like the one 7th from the right. That's neat looking!

  23. #143
    Flashaholic* farmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Here's a pretty good photo.
    Last edited by farmall; 07-29-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    A lumpy beam is bad...always

  24. #144
    *Flashaholic* greenLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Tiquicia
    Posts
    13,261

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Looking good!

    I find it a bit odd that the digital camo pattern seems to be preferentially offered in the MagLED versions. Could it be that Mag will eventually discontinue the classic incan 2AA?

  25. #145
    Flashaholic* will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    I ordered from All Spectrum the following

    Mini Maglite Flashlight, 2 AA Cell, HOLSTER COMBO, DIGITAL CAMO (M2AMRH).

    I don't think there was a 'Woodlands' Camo available for the MagLED.
    Now I can see the darkness .

  26. #146
    Flashaholic* turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    I'm thinking it must've been released recently.

    I only heard about them last night and have never seen one for real. I found one on-line site that has them. I sent them an e-mail asking to confirm whether this is in fact the digital camo version of the traditional 2AA minimag.

    turbodog, the code seems to be M2AMHR.
    It's led. Look at the tailcap.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

  27. #147
    Flashaholic* will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    If you check out the Maglite web site, you will see that all the Camo lights are now Digital Camo.
    They now have the following in Digital Camo listed.

    2AA - Incan
    2AA - LED
    3AA - LED

    3D - Incan
    3D - LED

    I think the 2AA and 3AA Digital Camos are new colors to that product line.
    Now I can see the darkness .

  28. #148
    *Flashaholic* greenLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Tiquicia
    Posts
    13,261

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    It's led. Look at the tailcap.
    The split ring hole could be on the back of the pic? The head looks to have the right proportion to be incan, though.

    I haven't heard from these guys. Anybody US-based willing to call them and verify?

    From their website, phone numbers:
    206-219-3733
    866-319-2762 (Toll free US & Canada)
    Last edited by greenLED; 07-30-2008 at 09:47 AM.

  29. #149
    Flashaholic* will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    The split ring hole could be on the back of the pic? The head looks to have the right proportion to be incan, though.

    I haven't heard from these guys. Anybody US-based willing to call them and verify?

    From their website, phone numbers:
    206-219-3733
    866-319-2762 (Toll free US & Canada)
    Farmall's is the LED version, the head is longer than than an Incan light. I ordered from All Spectrum - they have the digital camo incan version of the light. I should have it a few days.
    Now I can see the darkness .

  30. #150

    Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

    It's too bad the Solis and 2xAAAs never got the camo treatment.
    Trees don't grow on money either.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •