• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts ~ First run, Mac's Torch & 2D

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened
Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts, now Surefire M6 ! (UPDATED 23/5)

Keep your precious flashlights protected and keep battery warm during
cold weather.

What you are looking here are CUSTOM HANDMADE GENUINE soft leather holster.

Every single piece are fully custom made to fit, using GENIUNE soft leather and premium YKK zip for long life usage.
Same design offer 2 leather color tone. Beige color / Black color. Embroidery work shown here is only available on special request.
Embroidery thread color will be Black and Golden (shown). It can be your NAME / Flashlight name like the 2 examples shown:
Fits all standard stock Maglites.

Price for each custom leather casing is $48 + $5 shipping worldwide.
2 pieces or more $45 + $3 shipping
Optional embroidery work:
0.50 cents per letter, For example: The Torch = 8 letters x 0.50 = $4.00 additional

Paypal payment to:********************

Since this are handmade, please allow 1-2 weeks (at least) for delivery after placing order or could be earlier. .

Please express your interest in this thread.

To order, copy and write down:

Nick:
Color:
Model:
Embroidery:
Total cost:

For example : Nick : Your nick
Color : Black
Model : 1 x 2D host
Embroidery : No
Total cost : $53 Paypal sent!

DSCN7295.jpg

DSCN7313.jpg

DSCN7311.jpg

DSCN7286.jpg

DSCN7248.jpg

DSCN7290.jpg

To facilitate things for all Maglite D host owners. Lets call the pictured measurement in Blue --> Body Length.

Show here are respectively Mac's custom, The Torch and Mini HID.
The measurement taken is with the reflector tune down half-way (neutral position). With that, the leather holster still fit comfortably. Not too tight nor to lose.

Fellow flashaholics with other D host customs flashlights are most welcome to contribute their measurement here in this thread so I could gather a database of their statistics.

DSCN7354.jpg

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Re: Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts ~ First run, Mac's Torch & 2

KW - Very nice work. What material are you using for the liner? Can you make these for custom 1C, 1D, and 1.5D Mags? Thanks. Kirk

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened
Re: Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts ~ First run, Mac's Torch & 2

KW - Very nice work. What material are you using for the liner? Can you make these for custom 1C, 1D, and 1.5D Mags? Thanks. Kirk

Hi Kirk,

The liner is made using Fibre Tex. A tough but flexible plastic material.
Yes, I can make them in 1D, 1.5D and 2D hosts.

At the moment, this run will be concentrating on Maglite D hosts.

Rudi

Enlightened

Name: Rudi
Color: black
Model: Scepter -- 110 mm barrel length / 172 mm overall length
Embroidery: No
Cost: $53

Please post or PM Paypal address
Thanks

Edit:
Body length is 110 mm.
Paypal has been sent.

Last edited:

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Nice work, interested in:

Nick: Olaf_S
Color: black
Model: Sceptre (body-length: 100 mm /// complete-length: 160 mm)
Embroidery: no
Total cost: 53,-- $

Waiting for PP-adress.

Thanks
Olaf

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Hi Rudi and Olaf,

Your custom order SCEPTRE premium leather holster has been shipped!

Thank you for your patient and understanding while waiting for it.
Hoped you guys like them.

sceptre_holster-1.jpg

Regards,
Kalk

Rudi

Enlightened

Folks, I just received the close one in the picture above. It is every bit as nice in person as in the picture. When I first opened the package I immediately thought that it was way too small, that my Scepter would never fit in it. But fit it did, and very snugly, like a glove, but no so tightly that it was hard to withdraw. The stitching is precise and the leather has a nice feel to it. And dealing with Kalk is a real pleasure in every respect. Thanks Kalk.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

*bookmarking this thread and very much awaiting pay day*

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

They look very nice. :goodjob: ...:twothumbs

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Hi Kalk,

package arrived today.

Wonderful work, soft leather perfect processed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Think, i take some photos the next days.

Greetings from Germany
Olaf

Brett80

Newly Enlightened

I really like the look of these cases - will you be making any for a 3D anytime soon and if so, what is the price? Thanks.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really like the look of these cases - will you be making any for a 3D anytime soon and if so, what is the price? Thanks.

I'd be interested in a 1D, 2D, and two 3D. Going to wait till you've got sizing for all before i order.

Shane

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

I'd be interested in a 1D, 2D, and two 3D. Going to wait till you've got sizing for all before i order.

Shane

Hi Shane,

Your request is noted! :thumbsup:

Do you have the measure of a 1D host "Body Length"? Wonder if its the same as the Mac's Mini HID.

Cheers,
kalk

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Shane,

Your request is noted! :thumbsup:

Do you have the measure of a 1D host "Body Length"? Wonder if its the same as the Mac's Mini HID.

Cheers,
kalk

I dont have my light in yet so i dont know its legnth exactly. But it's probably longer than Mac's Mini. This light was a 6xR123 light made by Fivemega.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you put something to prevent the light from being turned on while in the holster or just plan in removing the batteries? I was thinking something like a plastic sleeve around the button and at the bottom to prevent the switch from being pressed.

AlexGT

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Do you put something to prevent the light from being turned on while in the holster or just plan in removing the batteries? I was thinking something like a plastic sleeve around the button and at the bottom to prevent the switch from being pressed.

AlexGT

Hi ALex,

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

I did a few test to see if it would "accidentally" turn it on while in holster with rear tail switch like Mac's Mini HID and Torch. But realize some effort is needed in order to activate the switch. Hence, I did not implement it. At the same time, I am exploring more design along the way.

I'd just put a piece of thin cardboard between battery and spring.

I do that sometimes when I need to ship it with a charge battery.

Here is a link o fthe light i have on the way. One of these:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/164792

Shane

Noted Shane.

Cheers,
kalk

Rudi

Enlightened

Folks, no need to worry about accidentally pressing the switch through the holster's bottom. There is circumferencial stitching around the bottom, which makes for a bit of circumferential bulk on the inside, which prevents the ligtht from bottoming out completely. It is almost inconceivable that it would turn on accidentally. It is, of course, possible to press sufficiently hard that it will activate the switch, which is a great feature because it means that you don't have to withdraw the light to use it -- just unzip the top and let it dangle and activate the switch with a very deliberate press. I wouldn't change a thing on this holster.

Last edited:

brunt_sp

Enlightened

So now how about one for the Surefire M6 ?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll have to measure my 3D and get you started on some holsters. Is the font on the embroidery switchable? I'd like to get something with a comic font if i can. If not the one you use is fine.

Shane