Nuwaii distributors? Where to find...

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Hey guys. Long time lurker, recently been modding some of my lights, getting more into it. Anway, I'm looking for a new EDC light to replace my old Brinkman Maxxfire. It's too big, snags on clothing, no pocket clip, no LED.

I've been looking for weeks on an alternative to an E2D Defender, basically looking for the exact form factor but with an LED, and on a budget. I recently stumbled across the Nuwaii TM-308XR. It's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. But I can't find anyone that sells it.

http://www.nuwai.com.tw/luxeon_rebel_led/tm_308xr.htm

Has anyone seen that light under another name, or know where I can get it? Thanks!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't know where to buy that light but it seems like you want a light with a strike bezel, 2 CR123 powered, and bright LED. So the only thing left is what switch and durability to you want? Also what do you need the light for?

Sorry I'm not able to help much with your question.

:welcome:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I don't really beat on my lights, and I've been carrying an UltraFire C1 as an interim between my Brinkmann and whatever I get next.

Basically I want an E2D Defender, but LED powered, and cheaper then getting one and doing the LED conversion. The Brite-Strike bluedots are very attractive, but it seems like they're overpriced for a company with not too much history. All of the 2 CR123 bluedot series are very nice and exactly what I'm looking for. So I guess the list looks like:

• Strike bezel, preferably both sides
  • LED, even a luxeon would be ok
  • small form factor, 5" or under
  • belt clip, preferably on the switch side to carry lens-down in my pocket
  • clicky switch. either reverse or normal
  • if I found this in a 2AA version, i'd be ok with that. I have throwers, I just need an EDC.
I'll still keep an eye out. I thought about having some custom parts turned on a lathe for my 3W rayovac extreme, since it's a really nice form factor but I dislike the turn switch, and it doesnt have a strike bezel. I have a bunch of lights with various features, but nothing with everything i want.

On a side note, I emailed EliteLED who carries some Nuwai stuff. They wrote back:

Thank you for asking. The current TM-308XR /309XR are using Luxeon Rebel 80 (RB80) LEDs. We'd be interested in carrying them if they upgrade the LEDs to Cree Q5. We have made the request to Nuwai a while ago but do not have a schedule yet.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good move contacting EliteLED for your Nuwaii LED needs. A great place to buy Nuwaii LED lights. Outstanding selection and service.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Upon further investigation of the Brite-Strike lights, I've come to the conclusion that they are not who they say they are. Either Nuwaii has identically copied the BlueDot series in their new TM-308XR, or Brite-Strike is price gouging. Either way, unless someone suggests a comparable light, I'll hold out until I find somewhere to get the 308XR and do the T&E myself.

Does anyone else have any sources for Nuwai importers that might have these or be able to get them? I'm sure if a batch of 50 or so were ordered, they'd sell quickly to the members of this forum, and others. I know I'd take at least 2.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Is there any reason why you want the strike bezel? Because if you remove that, you would have many more choices.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Gunner, I know if I drop the bezel requirement, i'd have a bunch of choices. It's just a personal preference to have that type of bezel. I've seen some add-on crenulated bezels available from aftermarket companies, so if I had to do that, i'd be ok with it. I could probably even make my own.

If anyone else is following this thread and looking for this light, here's the response from batteryjunction. Friendly people, I've ordered tons of stuff from them but they aren't carrying this light.

We are sorry but we do not carry nor do we intend to carry the TM-308XR. We appreciate your thinking of us though.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Depending on how much you are willing to spend, you could get the E2D cheaper(eBay or here) and send it to milkyspit to be modded to suit your needs.

There are lower priced light like the Gree(plastic window and reflector, no clip), C8(I've heard many problems from this light), EMR1, and FMR1(both seem to be pretty good but could be confusing to use at first, I've heard they have relatively sharp bezels) that might suit your needs but I don't know how durable the lights have to be.

The add on strike bezel might be a good second choice.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TM-308XR is the Brite Strike - the reason we won't be selling it is that Brite Strike has an exclusive for the US (NA?) market for this product. That said I'm looking into getting some from an off-shore source but cannot make any promises....

The LED powered Surefire E2DL will be out soon, within like 2 weeks.