New here, wanted to say hi!

qwertypianist

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone.

New here. Just wanted to say hi.

I just bought my first LED torch, it's a Fenix P3D Premium Q5. It's got the Cree XR-E Q5 emitter in it.

Right now I'm using Energizers but I bought a rechargeable kit from Radio Shack that I'm going to try. Any opinions about using rechargeables? It's ok, I know, I'll do my searching first. :grin2:

I can't wait to make my first home-brew light with help from here!

Great site and looks like a good group of people. :twothumbs

Rick

LG&M

Enlightened
:welcome: The Fenix if a fine light. Hold on to your wallet this kind of fun isn't cheep.

saeckereier

Newly Enlightened
Yes please do your own searching first. And while you're at it, take a look at LiFePo4 technology. I'd recommend LiFePo4 Rechargables and a charger either from DX, fenixstore or lighthound. If you don't know what these mean, please do some research. I see you're new here, as am I. Welcome to CPF and have a nice experience!

EDIT: LiFePo4 is one type of rechargable Lithium based cells. They're not widely used, but for the Fenix I definitely recommend them, they' won't last as long as primaries (=non rechargables) but you can recharge them often without harm and they're not as dangerous as normal Lithium Ion rechargables.

Raymond

Enlightened
I just ordered that same light (in black)! It was shipped to me today, so hopefully it will arrive in a week or so.

For batteries: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=166496

I did a lot of searching and reading on the forums myself today on that very subject. It appears that this light doesn't support batteries that are a bit longer than standard. So the cheap rechargeables from dealextreme.com etc are out (about a mm too long). The ones in the link above should work fine.
They're also sold @ www.fenix-store.com ,which is where I ordered my light from. If you order there, don't forget to enter cpf8 as a coupon code, it will give you an 8% discount.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Many would recommend AW's batteries. Available a Fenix Store and here. Don't forget the 8% off coupon, "CPF8", if you order at Fenix Store.

Enjoy your stay!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!!!!!! Hang on to your wallet and if you are married get ready to sleep with rover!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!
:D

fireboltr

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF
Alot of great people and information can be found on here all the time.

Prepare for your wallet to cry alot more often then usuall.

Prepare for the "do you really need another light???" line/speech quite often (if your married):welcome:

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
RadioShack has two different types of rechargeables. I hope you bought the low discharge type.

- Vikas