Sidewinder Magnet??

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of a way to best attach a magnet to the sidewinder. I do a lot of work in ceilings and like the fact that you can just set the sidewinder down and articulate the head to wherever you are working. However, there are times when it would be convenient to magnetically attach it to something. I don't want to remove the clip so I have been trying to find magnets thin enough to fit through the molle hole behind the clip. I also do not want to destroy the functionality of the clip. Has anyone tried this? If so how did you attach the magnets? Rare earth magnets seem to be the strongest and I am thus trying to fine some that will fit.

Thanks

Paul

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rather than attaching a magnet permanently to the light, I would attempt to design a more universal solution -- something like a loop of braided nylon webbing glued to a magnet. The webbing would act like a belt and you could attach anything equipped with a belt clip to the webbing.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate your idea, but I was trying to not carry something extra to attach the light. In looking at it just now it occured to me that the screw hole that attaches the clip goes all the way through the light. I think I can screw a magnet on the opposite side of the clip and have the best of both worlds. Now to find the perfect magnet.

Latest posts