Just bought a Vector POB

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait. Got one from Ebay for about $50. I am stoked and looking forward to getting this.

I read good reviews and it seems this can be modded if needed later.

kavvika

Enlightened
It will blow you away. Trust me.

As soon as you get it in the mail, plug it in and charge it. Then when night falls, take it outside, stand it in the street, and flip the switch. I promise it will completely light up everything for 3 blocks, and you should be able to see the spot for well over 1/4 mile.

I'm still in awe. It's a spectacular sight and feeling.

thefly01

Newly Enlightened
Just a heads up I understand that everyone doesn't have a sams account,but I was able to snag one for 23.00 off the auction site. Very interested to see what this one can do as well. If it's what everyone has said it might very well be the best 23.00 spent.:thumbsup:

Wattnot

Enlightened
It will blow you away. Trust me.

As soon as you get it in the mail, plug it in and charge it. Then when night falls, take it outside, stand it in the street, and flip the switch. I promise it will completely light up everything for 3 blocks, and you should be able to see the spot for well over 1/4 mile.

I'm still in awe. It's a spectacular sight and feeling.

+1 But make sure you have enough road because the beam just keeps going and going and going . . .

I showed my neighbor, first in his backyard (2 acre property) but it wasn't until we walked out to the road and lit it up for as far as we could see that we were really impressed!

ckkone

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post and I joined after finding the thread about the Sam's Power on Board HID Spotlight. I ended up buying 4 and paid $19 for the cheapest one and $23 for the most expensive. They should be here any day, I'm going to keep two and give two away as Christmas presents. :thumbsup:

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
What is Sam's charging for shipping on these lights?

I have been thinking about getting an account just to pick up another one of these.

Wattnot

Enlightened
I've been buying them for family and friends and having Sam's ship it directly to them. It's between $9 and $10 for:

Coloroado
Ohio
Virginia

Patriot

Flashaholic
What is Sam's charging for shipping on these lights?

I have been thinking about getting an account just to pick up another one of these.

Cheaper to have it shipped if you don't won't be shopping at Sam's much. :)

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
I now have four more coming from Sams. I wish I had found these before ordering from Ebay, but oh well. I still love this light.

I ordered three but I went out to shine the light at some trees outside and about a minute later my neighbor calls and said " what the hell was that, I want one", so I ordered another for him.

Can't beat it for the price.

tzzoooma

Newly Enlightened
i'm not a sams club member, but if anyone is and is willing to bid/win and have it shipped to me, i'd be grateful.

SilentK

Enlightened
i still like to see the all the cars slow down and look on my road when i fire mine up.:devil: a cool think to do is, place it pointing upwards at night then walk about a block away and you can see the beam like it is a laser. or if there is aforest fire near where you live and there is some smoke in the sky, then fire it up. :party: the color temp of the bulb makes it so rather than peircing the smoke, it iluminates it. so you can see the actual beam of the light perfectly. almost like one of those carbon arc tank lights. :eek: just a bit dimmer.

1pt21

Enlightened
i still like to see the all the cars slow down and look on my road when i fire mine up.:devil: a cool think to do is, place it pointing upwards at night then walk about a block away and you can see the beam like it is a laser.

I live in a pretty heavily populated area of NJ, I sometimes do this and wonder if any people see it and wonder what the heck it is. From my standpoint it reminds of those huge search lights they fire up for a store grand opening or what have you. I assume it can be seen from pretty darn far away, even with all the ambient light around these parts!!!

This is one bright light, I'll tell ya that much!

--Paul

BVH

Flashaholic
On the "perfect" night, the grand opening carbon arcs can be seen from 30 miles away. An average is probably closer to 22 to 25 miles. If the beam was aimed horizontal, a person could read a newspaper from about 5.7 miles away.