3 cree wolf firefighters rightangle

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened
Finally got the battery adaptors to finish this mod for my work and im really happy with the result. Id set out to make a light for use at work with an output of maybe 60 lumens to match the streamlight survivor. I needed to use this host to match in with the lights used in my work. I made one with a single ssc which was very bright then decided to go for this. I had to modify the switch as it was only a push contact switch and once id hollowed out the head it had to be removed. I fitted the small slide switch under the original switch cover to try and keep it looking as much like the original as possible. Then I took Dx's 3 cree module and filed off the edges to make it fit. Its running off 6 nimh aa cells. Its very bright makes a l2d look like a candle:grin2:

Looking forward to trying it out in the dark tonight and then at work.
3cree001.jpg

3cree006.jpg

Thanks Rob

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mod Rob,
shame you had the last 3 Cree module from DX.
Now we'll all have to wait for them to restock.

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
Very nice, Rob. Any chance of a photo of the inside? Does the module seem to be doing ok with no additional heatsinking?

Marcus

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I thought i was in for a wait when i heard it was out of stock then it came:grin2: This is a plastic light so the only heatsinking is the dropping and reflector itself, its more than bright enough with one led for what I need so if im using it for work for prolonged periods it will only have one led on. Its a sustancial chunk. I'll get pics of the inside but the switch is covered in dx's heatsink compound to isolate it from touching the module. The inside had lots of finned parts of plastic on the inside i had to remove to this in, and the threads had to be filed off. Its got a surprising amount of throw and I think for £12.50 it cant be beaten.

Rob