How do I remove the switch from a DBS tailcap?

99SS-T

Newly Enlightened
I just got my DBS today and its AWESOME. It destroys my P1D-CE w/ Q5. I expected it to beat it but its amazingly brighter.
Only 1 thing I don't like is the GITD button. It comes with the black button but I can't figure out how to get the switch out. I can't tell if its a C clip that I need to squeeze or if its a screw. The piece looks C in shape hence the issue.
I tried turning it and I can't get it to move. It appears to shift position when I try squeezing but not enough to come out. So in a effort to not screw up my beautiful light I need help!
Thanks

John

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unscrew the tail cap, from the inside of the tail cap stick something pointy into the 2 holes across from each other. Unscrew counterclockwise and remove. Then follow the same procedure to remove the Black plastic button retainer washer and remove. Replace the button and reassemble.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a picture showing the two indents or holes Steve L mentioned. They are at the top and bottom of the inner piece that holds the switch. The C shaped piece on the right is part of the switche's contact, you shouldn't be squeezing or pushing that around. If you have, and the switch has issues, you may need to readjust it.

Nulllogik

Newly Enlightened
I got a set of retaining ring pliers from sears.

Search for item: 00970736000

(that is not the one i bought, just an example)
It has a larger one and a smaller one.

99SS-T

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a ton guys. I'll be getting those pliers tonight.

John