Gift for Groomsmen… is there a “quality” LED light that can be engraved?

_Shawn_

Newly Enlightened
Please help me find a quality LED light that can be personalized with ease. It will be for my groomsmen and some of the wedding party. I'll need to personalize 6 to 8 things, and would really like get them hooked on good lights. :whistle:

The ideal would be a surefire 6PL, any CREE Q5 from Fenix, or any good one or two cell light.

But because of the anodizing I'm not sure where to start.

I would like to provide something that at a minimum, I would be able to engrave names and date to the light. I have thought of engraving pocket clips, or the flat face on the 6PL. Maybe there is a stainless light that would work.

I've almost given up on the idea of a good light and may resort to the lame wedding catalogs.

I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thanks,

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Maybe something like the Ultrafire C3 Stainless Steel would look good and not be too costly, DX link, KD link. The Ultrafire C1 Stainless Steel(KD link, DX link) might also work but AA batteries are cheaper and easier to find then CR123 batteries. You would have to find someone to engrave it for you.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Gift for Groomsmen… is there a "quality" LED light that can be engraved?

Here's the nested link to the examples pictures:

http://chows.smugmug.com/gallery/1658514#95138721

Easy to miss.

Recommend black flashlights for best contrast.

I think P1 CE's, LOD Q4's, or L1Tv2's are the cheapest, quality lights for a group purchase like this. If you want an uber light, the P3D Q5 has nice long, flat, panels.

Last edited:

bspofford

Enlightened
Most groomsmen are not flashaholics, so I think you might want to go with something small and bright. Nonflashaholics also usually don't like messing with rechargeables and CR123A batteries, so you may want to limit you search to AA and AAA lights. I agree with the Ultrafire stainless steel C3 and would add the Fenix L1D variants, Fenix L0D variants, Tiablo MA1, Rexlight 2.1 (now 2 for $60), Nitecore, and JetBeam Jet-I Pro. The prices range from $20 to over $80. You should be able to have any of them engraved, and I would recommend taking the heads off before delivering them to the engraver. P.S. Congratulations!

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Here are some threads that would be worth a look.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/166894

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172207

There are a couple of pics in both threads, includingThis is one of the L1D-CE that i gave my Groomsmen, i had mine done by a local engraver who did it by hand.

fenixgift.jpg

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172207

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also recommend Fenix-store. I love my P2D Q5 for EDC. The LOD-CE would be another option if there is enough room for the engraving, and non-flashaholics would be more likely to put the LOD on their keychain and have it on them. They will also be more likely to use it and tell you how bright it is. :)

sed6

Enlightened
Does DX or KD do engraving for a large order?

- Vikas
:laughing: Doubtful, and I think he's getting married...this year.

I had a small anodized firecracker cannon engraved at Things Remembered last year. The silver of the raw metal lettering contrasted nicely with the black anodizing.

BillD

Newly Enlightened
Re: Gift for Groomsmen… is there a "quality" LED light that can be engraved?

Does DX or KD do engraving for a large order?

- Vikas
I recently e-mailed Jerry at KD about ordering 30 C3 SS lights with special engraving. He hasn't gotten back to me since early last week, so I am assuming they are not able to do something like this.

Bill

_Shawn_

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the best option is the Fenix-store. I'll probably end up getting the LOD if there is enough room, and if not one of the AA lights.

I also called surefire just to see if they could do anything custom and was told that if it was an order of 100 lights and/or an order over $2000 they may do some custom engraving. I don't know the details but I didn't ask for any details because i'm not going to give everyone at the wedding a surefire. (but it would be cool :cool:)

Thank you for all the help.