SureFire Scoutlight - Torx screws?

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Do anyone of you know what size Torx (star shaped) screws are used on the Scoutlight's M75 rail mount? The two screws on my mount need to be tightened down so the light itself doesn't jiggle around on my rifle..

(They are just opposite of the thumbscrew.)

opticsplanet_1992_1095227611

TIA! :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't have that info to hand.
I suggest you either give SureFire a call, or take your ScoutLight to your local hardware store, find the bit-sets and ask a store assistant if you can find out which one fits.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it to be about a T8 in size. The smallest torx bit I have is a T10 and it is a little too big. Most of the torx sets that I looked up came with the T10 as the smallest, but there are bits as small as a T5 and go up in increments of 1 until you get to T10 then they go in steps of 5.

Let us know what you find out at the hardware store as I would like to get a set for myself now.:)

CouchTater

Newly Enlightened
Home Depot has a small jeweler's size screwdriver with interchangeable double-ended Torx bits. Small enough for replacing faceplates on cellphones, which is how I learned about it. it is Husky brand, gray plastic handle. Not easy to find on the wall racks. 1 bit stores in shaft, 3 bits store in handle under buttcap.

Bits: T-4, T-5, T-6, T-7, T-8, T-9, T-10, T-15

handle sez "HD-74502 T"

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Home Depot has a small jeweler's size screwdriver with interchangeable double-ended Torx bits. Small enough for replacing faceplates on cellphones, which is how I learned about it. it is Husky brand, gray plastic handle. Not easy to find on the wall racks. 1 bit stores in shaft, 3 bits store in handle under buttcap.

Bits: T-4, T-5, T-6, T-7, T-8, T-9, T-10, T-15

handle sez "HD-74502 T"

I have the same ones, and they are the Shiznitty!!:party:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years ago I got a set of smaller Torx screwdrivers from Sears when they were on sale. Buying just one wasn't economical -- a few bucks more got me a whole set. They are also used on knives and other goodies.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I believe it to be about a T8 in size. The smallest torx bit I have is a T10 and it is a little too big. Most of the torx sets that I looked up came with the T10 as the smallest, but there are bits as small as a T5 and go up in increments of 1 until you get to T10 then they go in steps of 5.

Let us know what you find out at the hardware store as I would like to get a set for myself now.:)
Yep! They are T8 in size. ;)