Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Wait for reviews

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • No, ill be posting my reason..

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

ginaz

Enlightened
i've just started down the p60 road so t1 doesn't hold much interest right now. same perhaps for the new inova's.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, already have T1. Head is easily removable so I'm only $6 away from the next best cree emitter.

Sometimes I think fenix is moving too fast for their own good. Lights that was brand new on market is out of production in only a few months, dealers are stuck with outdated products and consumers are annoyed by their outdated lights that they paid good money for. I know I am, and am very close to stop buying fenix product for this reason.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
jzmtl, true, but with the TK10, they have aparently done everything people have been asking since the release of the T1, the Teeth are now non obstructive. It is now grippier, because of the "tactical" ring. So it might have been a product born from some CPF input. :shrug:

I hope they never change the P1D, update emitter, but same form. that would be nice,

Crenshaw

cal..45

Enlightened
not for me if the use of 18650's won't be possible or even recommended. but even if that becomes a possibility, I think I would rather go with a CL1H first, mainly because of the unrivaled upgrade options.

regards, holger

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
No 18650 = no thank you. Though I must admit it seems a step in the right direction compared to the T1. Let's see if they made a more durable switch this time around.

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes I think fenix is moving too fast for their own good. Lights that was brand new on market is out of production in only a few months, dealers are stuck with outdated products and consumers are annoyed by their outdated lights that they paid good money for. I know I am, and am very close to stop buying fenix product for this reason.
yeah i think i will stop buying computers and mobile phones because whenever i buy the best one they bring another out a few months later! :rolleyes:

I agree it would suck to be a dealer though if they get discounts for large stock and then get left with it.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember someone, i think it was 4sevens say that fenix-store (ONE major dealer) makes sure they dont have surplus left, or as far as possible makes sure. I am guessing that Fenix the company lets them know when stock of whatever is coming, so the dealers might know weeks/months or at least 1 order in advance whats going to be available soon, so they can make an informed descision on how much to buy of what. Otherwise, fenix would have so many dealers would it? I also suspect that no dealer is allowed to release information on upcoming stuff until fenix says so. in the TK10 thread,

No preorders yet. Like I said it shouldn't have
been announced until Mar. 25

Sorry no closeouts. You know we don't do that. I'm close
to being out of T1's anyway :p

see, he is nearly out of T1s,means he doesnt have huge amounts of surplus. Also, it shouldnt have been announced. Meaning that that other place might have leaked it early...

Crenshaw

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
I will be getting one. I was looking forward to picking up a T1 from Fenix Tactical (Canada) at the Toronto Sportsmen's Show this weekend, but it looks like I will wait for the TK10.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah i think i will stop buying computers and mobile phones because whenever i buy the best one they bring another out a few months later! :rolleyes:

I agree it would suck to be a dealer though if they get discounts for large stock and then get left with it.

I'm a light enthuiast, not a computer/mobile phone enthuaist, so those doesn't really concern me. Besides computer/phone development has really slowed down recently and things are changed gradually, not phased out entirely like flashlights.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks pretty cool me...also looks like a Surefire 6P with Leef Grip and Leef McClicky Tailcap. What I wish Fenix would do is jump into the whole P60 module compatible fray with one of their flashlights. This would allow them to have something that is indefinitely upgradeable...but I'm sure they would rather just sell you a brand new flashlight, so I guess there's no motivation for them to make P60-type modules. The simple fact that they waxed the T1 after only being out for a short time shows that. I might still get one though...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the reason they cant make it P60 competible is because the T1/Tk10 has a deeper reflector. Making it P60 competible means that they have to be satisfied with whatever designs a P60 can offer. Making thier own design means that they can make the reflector however they want. Even if they made a P60 module with a deep reflector, its still not necesarily a P60 module cos the reflector wont fit. After all you wouldnt ask Tiablo or Lumpower to make thier lights P60 competible would you?

further more, the heat sinking on the T1 look far superoior to what a P60 can offer IMO

Crenshaw

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting one. Not a huge fan of Fenix lights (I have 3 in my collection) but the Tk10 looks like it will change my mind. I do respect Fenix and the output and beams on their lights are great. I have just liked the construction on my other lights better. This maybe the one to "turn the tide":twothumbs

sims2k

Enlightened
I am interested but not enough to abandon all P60 lights that I have accumulated. My next big purchase will be ones that uses the Seoul P7 emitter.

meuge

Enlightened
It would be hard for me to justify purchasing another of these lights, so unless I can offload my T1 for $50, I am out of luck. "(