E2-compatible heads??

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello...!

Anybody who knows where/how/who makes E2-compatible heads for doing mods and such...?

been searching and not finding.....:duh2:

Thanks..!

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Aleph parts fit the E series.

Well, i know that...:D

problem is finding them.....:(

but i thank you dearly for the answer...!
i know i like the A19 but it`s all out....

and..

I wouldn`t know where to start either....

I`m hooked on e-bodies and Vital gear is my favorite.......

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, Haven't checked this section in a while.

Sandwich shoppie might have what you want

OK.

though i`m very greatfull and very happy to see them loose and about:twothumbs

it`s not the kind of money my wife is gonna let me spend......:mecry:

what I`m looking for is something cheaper and might even like in another thread, a head that is not made for it but that fits and then can be modded......:grin2:

But, Gunner12 i will tell you this:

you are the only one whom answered and that is in my book
very special..:twothumbs

so even if i dont ahve the cash for it right now, i`m even more excited to get an Aleph for it/them when possible....:grin2:

Thanks..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you just want to get started on modding, Surefire might not be a good place to start.

A decent-good quality DX light would work to start you off. Romisen seems to be good. Most of them aren't glued and are of good quality. DX also have a bunch of parts. They just take a while to ship.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you just want to get started on modding, Surefire might not be a good place to start.

The head is actually ment to be fitted to my vital-gear FB2 body or the TNC/AA body I`m expecting anyday now....:naughty:

so the head i`m looking for is hopefully going to be filled with either a CREE or another led that i allready posses,
that is why i need just about any head that fits...

I saw in another thread that somebody fitted a Fenix L1 head on a E2 body wich sounds interesting aswell.

It ought to be a looker..:cool:

And thanks again Gunner..:thumbsup:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
still wondering......:candle:

somebody on CPF that makes these parts.............??

please help me out...

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Do you have a Vital Gear F2 head?

That may be a good place to start as they accept p60 sizes modules...and fit the FB2..essentially making the F2

you could get a cheap p60 cree module and just update the emitter.

Whats your favorite VG body?

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a Vital Gear F2 head?

That may be a good place to start as they accept p60 sizes modules...and fit the FB2..essentially making the F2

you could get a cheap p60 cree module and just update the emitter.

Whats your favorite VG body?

As to keep the light slim i did not get the F2 head,
I want to the head to "slip" into my pocket with ease....:thumbsup:

The FB2 is my fav for sure...:twothumbs

I got my TNC body wich eats a 14500 batt. so now i`m looking for a suitable head for that one aswell...
I saw in another thread that som Fenix heads fit the E-series but have not got a Fenix light to test it with.....

Thanks !

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
As to keep the light slim I did not get the F2 head,
I want to the head to "slip" into my pocket with ease....:thumbsup:

The FB2 is my fav for sure...:twothumbs

I got my TNC body wich eats a 14500 batt. so now i`m looking for a suitable head for that one aswell...
I saw in another thread that som Fenix heads fit the E-series but have not got a Fenix light to test it with.....

Thanks !

Know what you mean on the FB2 :D

Its sweet, especially for pocket carry, but most comfortable in the hand is the balrog body with E2D head and E2D tailcap..( Think E2D with no clip, and cylindrical body.)

I also love the E2D heads, as well as the VG bodies.

I have a FiveMega TL3 incan kit in one E2D head with the balrog, 2 cell body and E2D tailcap, and a one E2D head on a FB2 and one of Koala's "E-MT F2's" inside ( shown in the link below.)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2311059

Both different but Very cool, love the E-series form factor.

Both are below ( only one E2D head shown) in the photo with a few other bigger bits and bobs

The F2 ( black head) mostly sits in the draw at the minute...I'll have to think of something to do with that. but there realy is not much difference in size in the pocket, between that and the E2D head.

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice indeed.....:thumbsup:

the koala/yclo puts out how many lumens...?

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Very tough one to call.

I have the F2 running on 2 x RCR123's...its the brighter version..when fully charged it is bright..huge bright spill... due to the shallow E2e/D reflector, but still with a noteable hotspot. very usefull for EDC usage,...lets you see the big ( close up ) picture without panning around.

I'd roughly guestimate a good 70 + ( surefire syle rated ) Lumens...Maybee more...for an hour +...Happy days :party:
but its hard to rate against the TL3 lamp in the E2D at the beam shape is different as is the colour temp. But as its so white the F2 looks as hot, but outside the TL3 throws more and shows more colours but seems yellower and thus appears dimmish in the spill...if that makes sence.

TL3 Five mega socket for outside short lightweight EDC...koala/yclo F2 for runtime, and close up work

The other big mags in the picture are 4000 ++++???? Loads of lumens :devil:...but they don't fit in your pocket ( exept the 2D ) but that only runs for 8 minutes. :duh2:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very tough one to call.

I have the F2 running on 2 x RCR123's...its the brighter version..when fully charged it is bright..huge bright spill... due to the shallow E2e/D reflector, but still with a noteable hotspot. very usefull for EDC usage,...lets you see the big ( close up ) picture without panning around.

I'd roughly guestimate a good 70 + ( surefire syle rated ) Lumens...Maybee more...for an hour +...Happy days :party:
but its hard to rate against the TL3 lamp in the E2D at the beam shape is different as is the colour temp. But as its so white the F2 looks as hot, but outside the TL3 throws more and shows more colours but seems yellower and thus appears dimmish in the spill...if that makes sence.

TL3 Five mega socket for outside short lightweight EDC...koala/yclo F2 for runtime, and close up work

The other big mags in the picture are 4000 ++++???? Loads of lumens :devil:...but they don't fit in your pocket ( exept the 2D ) but that only runs for 8 minutes. :duh2:

Happy days...:twothumbs

back on topic.....:eek:

houtex

Enlightened
I would like to know also. I have 2 VG1's waiting for something. I have 1 with an Aleph A19 head,damn bright but it cost some $$. it was worth it but I just want something different for the others and hopefully not as expensive.

allmydogs012.jpg
allmydogs006.jpg