BOBBYBOB

Newly Enlightened
They seem like a solid, well built light, but do I really need 5 brightness
levels and 2 light levels of SOS? I am still deciding which light to buy and
I would like some opinions please. My Fenix P1D was always enough for
me. Please help. Thanks

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I have both and think they are great lights if the distinct center spot doesn't throw you off. The spill is still brighter on the Olights than on some of my other lights with floodier center spots, so I don't have a problem with not enough spill. The throw is great too, but some people just want a smoother center transition.
The T10 has definitely gotten more carry and use due to the size. I don't often wear a 2-cell light, but I'm putting the T20 into my car-carry rotation more.
The size, runtime, holster and anti-roll head are the differences in the two models. The actual reflector is the same size in both lights.
The lights could get by with 3 or 4 levels instead of 5, but the UI is great and nothing gets in the way. It's as simple as ON/OFF for most uses or a twist or two from time to time.
I've been pleased over the last 5 to 6 months I've had them.

Abumustafa

Enlightened
+10 on the T10 Wicked :devil: little light for its size av had it for 2 days now an i love :nana: it the throw an spill are the most practical i have seen in any light build Quaility is good realy good but could have been better, get them you wont be dissapointed :party:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the T10 as well as the Fenix L2D and L1D. I love the T10 particularly because I don't need all the different light levels, even though it offers 5. Unlike the Fenix, once you select the level you need, the light remembers that level so that the next time you turn the light you start with that level, rather than having to cycle through the different levels. Of course, you can change the level if you like, but I find that 90 percent of the time, I use the same setting, so why fool with cycling the light like you must with the Fenix. The only negatives with the T10 that I have found is the clicky is a bit stiff. I did get used to it but it required me to use the very tip of my thumb with vertical downward pressure in order to switch the light. If placed horizontally on the botten, my thumb could not press it down far enough to get the light to work. Another thing: while there may be some variation in the color of the different Q5 LED's, my T10 is a bit colder in color than my Fenix.

nmanchin

Newly Enlightened
i have a T10 and T10 Q5. i love them. be prepared to lube the threads and clean them a few times when you get it. i actually really like having 5 modes. you can find the right level for just about any task. sos and flash are out of the way. and i have actually used sos to help a call attention to my broken down car. several stopped and it helped the tow truck driver locate me.

the regular T10 is a heck of a deal and still VERY bright.

they are built pretty well and have good coating.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The great thing about the T10 and T20(T15 also included) is that they can be used like single mode lights.

The T10 will be smaller but the T20 would be slightly brighter and have longer runtime.

Flic

Enlightened
Unlike the Fenix, once you select the level you need, the light remembers that level so that the next time you turn the light you start with that level, rather than having to cycle through the different levels. Of course, you can change the level if you like, but I find that 90 percent of the time, I use the same setting, so why fool with cycling... The only negatives.. that I have found is the clicky is a bit stiff. QUOTE]

I fully agree. I do not own a T10 but have a few T20s. The switch is a little stiff (the only negative I have found), but what I really like is the memory function. Just took my T20 on hiking trip in the deserts of SoCal. I could leave the light on the lowest setting to get around campsites and hotels without disturbing others... or to read without keeping my wife awake. But a simple twist allowed me to light up coyotes 50+ yards away. I'd leave it on medium or high when walking at night. I love the ability to choose between output and runtime without having to cycle through all levels. Good design. I also love the look and feel of the light. If you are considering the two cell light, you may want to look at the Tactical and Military versions. They are more expensive but offer a different variety of features/levels... and a Q5 emitter.

My other light on the trip was a Fenix P2D CE. I ended up using this one less as the version I have has the "flash" when turning it on and this was annoying to others. I also prefered the holster on the Olight as it has a velcro cover which was better than the open top holster on the Fenix when hiking through the rough stuff.

Last edited:

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
They seem like a solid, well built light, but do I really need 5 brightness
levels and 2 light levels of SOS? I am still deciding which light to buy and
I would like some opinions please. My Fenix P1D was always enough for
me. Please help. Thanks

I love my T10. I have to admit thought that I really only use the highest and lowest settings on a regular basis. The strobe feature and SOS feature will hopefully never come in handy, but it is nice that they are there.

I've personally used a strobe effect (with a M1T) with an attacking dog at night, and had the animal back off, so the strobe does actually work. I also had my Glock 21 on the animal, but didn't have to use it. I like dogs......