Votes: 3 1.7%
  • proprietary

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • other

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
Poll

Clarification:
since many of us don't buy AAs and use it just for flashlights, the question is what batteries you use the most quantity wise.

You might use many AAs around the house in clocks, but you don't change them for a few years.

Last edited:

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Double D

AA really. I have my cell phone and bluetooth and a canon camcorder that take propitary litium ion. AA's are in flashlights, three digicams, gps, two way radio, scanner, capshare, etc.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
It's almost a toss-up between 18650, RCR123's and NiMh AA... but, these days, I reach mainly for my CL1H with my P2D a close second so I would have to give the 18650's the edge. :thumbsup:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... I got in the 2nd vote, and lots of votes later I see mine is still the only vote for AAA. I would have chosen AA but realised that my favourite little (modded) hand torch runs on AAAs. :sigh:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your poll should have been a little more specific.

I exchange the 14500 in my NDI at least once a week with a fresh 14500. The light I currently EDC. I then charge the dead cell.

However, most of my lights take CR123 cells.

However, most of the items in my house, Cameras, Portable CD players, clocks, remote controls, all take AA batteries.

However, my cars probably get the most use if you use the amount of time on and used for criteria as the most.

I did vote for the 14500 since I assumed you meant in flashlights and the most often used. Not what batteries does most of your lights use.:)

Bill

Last edited:

Doug.S

Newly Enlightened
I use specific batts for laptop and cameras (Lith-Ion) but otherwise general use is NiMH AA's

thunderlight

Enlightened
Ironically D batteries are what most of my flashlights take by default because I collect old flashlights.

However, AA is my response to the poll since this is what I use most frequently in flashlights. Lithium, alkaline, and SSD [slow self discharge].

The next most frequent battery size for me in flashlights is 123, lithium primary only. I use single lithium 123s primarily for "automobile edc".

Bob

kavvika

Enlightened
AAA NiMh for the Arc AAA and Flashcrazy-modded Coast LED Lenser.

17670's/18650's for the rest.

My R/C transmitters take AA's, though. I'm not sure how to vote since I use them all about the same...

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
In terms of sheer number of batteries used, 18650. Four laptops throughout the home and a number of Li-ion power tools dominate my battery-powered product use.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to use double AA's the most since my radio uses eight of them, and since i have so many as it is i tend to get torches that use them.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
of a single SIZE AAs , of a Type Li-ion. so i voted AA, as they are the largest quantity and most used. but my li-ions get used as much as they do, but they are all completly different sizes.
if i include the solar storage bank, and video equiptement then it would be overwelmingly 18650s.
but then the li-ion doesnt get used up, only used.

Last edited: