The Hog is EMPLOYED AGAIN....

Groundhog66

Banned
I accepted a job that was offered to me earlier this week, I will be starting on the 24th of this month. Needless to say, I am quite excited...not to mention relieved. I appreciate all the positive words and thoughts from my fellow Holics, looks like I am back in business.

:party:

jinx626

Enlightened
congrats!!! it's hard looking for a job right now..being in a recession ... may i ask doing what? if you don't mind how's the pay (don't have to answer this one if u not comfortable)?

Groundhog66

Banned
congrats!!! it's hard looking for a job right now..being in a recession ... may i ask doing what? if you don't mind how's the pay (don't have to answer this one if u not comfortable)?

Building material sales, primarily doors and windows. Making enough to not be :broke:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, congrats on being employed. Thats a good thing.

Second, we are not in a recession, and the unemployment rate has dropped for 2 consecutive months. Thats another good thing.

In macroeconomics, a recession is a decline in a country's gross domestic product (GDP), or negative real economic growth, for two or more successive quarters. GDP rose 0.6% in Q4 of 2007, so the only R word we should be saying is Righteous!

Thats good for building material sales too. :twothumbs

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stuff Tim, and long overdue. I got a mint AlTiN-S27C with your name on it when you get back on your feet!:poke:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Second, we are not in a recession, and the unemployment rate has dropped for 2 consecutive months. Thats another good thing.
You might want to take a look at this. The present economy has legions of underemployed and discouraged workers who aren't even counted in the "official" statistics because they either gave up looking, or are flipping burgers part time. Also, the only unemployment rate that matters to most people is their own.

To the OP: Glad you finally found work. Put aside whatever you don't need for living expenses because this current economy is fragile. It could go either way at this point.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Tim :clap: You are one of the lucky ones considering the hordes of people who quit even trying to find a job as jtr noted correctly above.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Tim, I just found one about 3 weeks ago. I hadn't worked since May of 07 so I know how you feel. I hope it works out for you sir! :thumbsup:

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things are working out for someone! As one door closes another opens somewhere!

chiphead