Fauxton runtime?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody actually did any runtime for fauxton? The one I got from dollar store (basically same as DX ones but a different shell) claims 6 to 8 hours but I highly doubt that.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several hours are pretty much certain. Note that a precise figure for runtime cannot be given, as runtime depends completely on how low a light the user can accept.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, talk about output dropping like a rock, this is even worse than magled's heat induced drop.

Now I need to find a keychain light that have decent performance.

Marduke

Flashaholic
You have to remember that CR2016's are horrible under any sort of load. Typical fauxton usage is only a couple seconds, giving the batteries plenty of time to recoup. Being used for only brief periods of time, they seem to last for at least a year. If you find yourself needing a keychain light for much longer periods of time (ie. it's the only light you EDC), it's probably time to look into a good AAA keychain light like the LOD, Arc, E0, etc.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
and i was about to ask this next sunday (the quiet day at cpf)

but now i found it answered.. (as it seems everyone is bumping up year old threads now.. i followed suit.. after search button was used)

i ran one of mine for an hour without it not dimming much and i begun to think how long they will run when constantly on.

on their true use, few seconds at a time they should last.. hmm awhile.. kinda figured out that they will likely break down before the batteries rundown.

*wonder if i should order my 5th set of them.. got only 5 extra and unused left.. 15 in use. 3 failed or used as parts doners. and rest.. well given away to "normal" people*