Light at death's door

Spence

Enlightened
Let us see if you think like a true "flashaholic"?
Two weeks ago on a Saturday night, I began having terrible chest pain and some other symptoms that concerned me. My son drove me to the hospital Emergency Room where they determined I was in the initial stage of a heart attack! While they were administering several tests, my systems began shutting down and I went unconscious. While asleep and near death, I saw that bright light at the end of the tunnel, everyone talks about. However, as I drew closer, I realized it was the UPS delivery guy shining my new SureFire UA2 Optimus!! When the physicians and nurses finished working their wonders on me, I awoke in the Intensive Care Unit. Boy, was I upset that it was a couple of months early to be receiving the UA2, which isn't out yet. The nurse produced the jacket I wore into the ER and I fished my L1 Lumamax out of a pocket, it would have to do until SureFire ships the Optimus.
I'm doing much better now and back at home. I've got a new, 2008, SF calendar, and marking off the days waiting for my, much anticipated, new model, SureFire flashlight. Life is good and it's great to be back on CPF.

Truly,
Spence
:wave:
grinser2.gif

Last edited:

Retinator

Enlightened
That's a good one.

I agree, send it to them, the least they'll do is get a good laugh at it.

Had me going at first.

Are you a writer?

Spence

Enlightened
Thanks a bunch for the comments, guys. Yes, I've done some writing over my career. This is a true story, and, as a true flashaholic, my EDC, L1 has gone everywhere with me, even to the ER!

Spence
:crackup:
Christo_pull_hair.gif
str.gif

GPB

Enlightened
I have 2 questions:

1. Is the light at the end of the tunnel LED or Incandescent ???

2. How do you get a Surefire Calendar ?

Illum

Flashaholic
good to hear you found that out early

your lucky...ERs here run you through metal detectors on your way in, can you believe that? its the emergency room!:rolleyes:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Funny story, Spence. Except for the heart attack part! Hope you're on the mend and making the appropriate adjustments in your life to avoid a repeat visit.

Spence

Enlightened
I'm awaiting scheduling of angiogram and angioplasty, shortly. I came very close to getting my ticket punched for the last ride and my son, my pride and joy, my best friend, was there with me the whole time. I felt bad for the anguish he was going through and made some pledges to myself, that night. I have firm beliefs anyway re appreciation of family and expressing your love for those close to you. I had some close calls when I was younger and a cop in Los Angeles, I take nothing for granted and I'm thankful for all I'm blessed with. Like one member recently said about others judging him for his flashlight enthusiasm..."f*** them, I'm happy with three EDC's". I liked that.

Spence
:crackup::grin2:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Good luck with the angio work, Spence. Yes, having a close call is a humbling and life changing experience. It certainly gives one a greater appreciation for every sunrise and the simple pleasures it brings.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Glad it was caught in time and heal up so you can order more lights soon! I agree, that is one heck of a story. I bet Surefire would like to hear about it.