Flashaholism is not only ...

Ralf

Enlightened
... about lights. I am in flashlights a long time, but
real flashaholic since I came across this forum.

Since then I read a lot around and IMHO its one of the
versatilest hobbies, maybe not seen from an outsider though ..

As a flashaholic you come to light sources, like bulbs,
LEDs etc. You got knowledge about knots and splices while
you knot a lanyard for your flashlight. Reading about
preserving night vision you collect informations about the
human eye etc etc etc

So a flashaholic is a true scientist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... physics, biology, mechanics and craftwork ...

I like this hobby even its one of the most expensive ...

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya know, this is more suited to The Cafe. Some Mod please move it over there.

Actually there are more expensive hobbies like car racing.. guns.. etc... They all come with their own set of knowledges to be learnt.

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif you also learn about banking,loan sharks & sleeping on the couch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Onelight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif - good one...

Unfortunately, I've spent some nights on the couch... I have a flashlight AND a firearm collection. Talk about two expensive hobbies! Don't even get me started on weaponlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Oh why couldn't I have just stuck to collecting sea shells! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You haven't tried collecting old insulaters or old ghetto blasters yet. Now that can get expensive!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last time I slept on the couch was for a week or so after we had that earthquake in Seattle; there was too much broken glass on the floor and in the bed to sleep there. It had nothing whatsoever to do with flashlights or guns or lasers or sea shells or old ghetto blasters or used insulators or stuffed digimon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif