ceiling bounce test ? Pictures added.

icestud

Newly Enlightened
Well this is my first post here. I have been lurking around here for awhile now reading and taking in all I can about flashlights. Thanks to this site I now have 4 SF and 2 Fenixs. My favorite is my new Z2 with the Malkoff M60. Well anyway what is a ceiling bounce test and what does it show?

Thanks to all that reply I will try and post some pictures of my collection later on, also THANKS to everyone in this forum for all your help in spending my money I have learned a lot about flashlights.

Matt :twothumbs

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Re: ceiling bounce test ?

The ceiling bounce test is a test to compare total output. It's sorta like a integrated sphere. The room would be the sphere and your eyes would be the sensor.

Take one, two, three, or how every many you want lights, point a light toward the ceiling and see how well it illuminates the room. Then do the same with a different light(after you turn off the light already on of course, and stay in the same position) and see which one is brighter.

Last edited:

TKO

Enlightened

If you tail stand your lights one at a time from the exact same location, you can leave the room and then look at the amount of light coming out the doorway from a fixed point in the hallway. This eliminates glare and makes any differences more noticeable.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well this is my first post here. I have been lurking around here for awhile now reading and taking in all I can about flashlights. Thanks to this site I now have 4 SF and 2 Fenixs. My favorite is my new Z2 with the Malkoff M60. Well anyway what is a ceiling bounce test and what does it show?

Thanks to all that reply I will try and post some pictures of my collection later on, also THANKS to everyone in this forum for all your help in spending my money I have learned a lot about flashlights.

Matt :twothumbs

Let me be the first to say :welcome:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

Noobs take... It is that its a way to more clearly, visually see which light emits more lumens when A/B comparing. Many times aspheric lenses and concentrating reflectors can give the illusion of more lumens, by concentrating emitted light into a single intense spot. Ceiling bounce helps negate the effects of beam concentration and high lux output and presents more clearly which light emits more lumens.

icestud

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the info. Thats kinda what I figured it was.

srvctec thanks for the welcome

here's the pictures I promised.

DSC_0748.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0749.jpg
[/IMG]

Matt

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Nice collection!(nice lanyards too)

Forgot in my last post:

:welcome:

Seems like your too far in to quit now. Got any Magmods planned?

icestud

Newly Enlightened

Seems like your too far in to quit now. Got any Magmods planned?[/QUOTE]

Gunner12 by Magmods do you mean mods for a Mag flashlight. I am going to try and get a Malkoff drop in for a Mag 2-3 C cell. Other than that none planed YET seems like the more I delve into flashlights the more I want. Do you have anything in mind for me?

Thanks Matt

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Sorry about not being clear. Yes, I meant mods for the Maglite.

The Malkoffdevices would be a great drop-in. Good output and great quality.

Maybe you could make a Hotwire mod for you Maglite. 2 Li-ion C batteries, Metal reflector, Glass Window, and a set of Pelican Big D bulbs would give you a ROP mod, could get up to 900+ lumen out the front. Runtime would be around 40 minutes. 3C Li-ion could make you the Mag85, similar output except with an hour of runtime.

Before you know it, you'll have a 100+ watt mod that would easily make your breakfast with its heat.:naughty:

icestud

Newly Enlightened
Nice collection!!

How come some of your lights look brown? Does the black HA fade with time?

Hey kramer5150 they are all black except the Leef body on my PD1 is a little lighter in color and srvctec is right they were in the sunlight

Gunner12 thanks for the idea I had thought about the Mag85 mod, I just thought I would start with some sort of drop-in. I did'nt think after buying one light would lead to two then three then who knows. I think I have a problem.I need HELP.:sick2:

Thanks to all.

Matt